This is the guide I was working off of after a long trial and error with the wrong OtherOS++ CFW that kept giving me problems. Seems to be working. I gotta fix a keyboard issue so I can run the metldrpwn, but this might help you.
It comes with a precompiled version of metldrpwn. Just drop your metldr in and run it on Red Ribbon RC5
TomatOsaUce is offline Member
Total Thanks Given
Total Thanks Received
Total Thanked Posts
I’m not good at writing tutorials so someone can feel free to make it better
This is for NOR owners only sorry NOT FOR NAND CONSOLES
1) Get Linux prepared on your PS3 ( You won’t need it much but you still do for 5 minutes)
(Here is a modified version of Glevands tutorial)
All tools are here: http://gitbrew.org/~glevand/ps3/
NOTICE: All my tools should beep. If you don't get beep during one of the steps below
then stop doing anything and contact me. I will help.
OtherOS++ support: irc.gitbrew.org (ssl) #otheros
1. Install my latest CFW (I recommend using the OTHEROS-22GB.PUP)
2. When installation is finished, reboot in Recovery Mode (not the Backup/Restore in XMB) and choose "Restore PS3 System"
3. Now your GameOS partition should show 22GB less than usual
4. Run setup_flash_for_otheros.pkg (for all PS3 models)
5. Reboot (It's important to shut down and turn on your PS3)
6. Store dtbImage.ps3.bin on USB drive, plug it in and run install_otheros.pkg
Try different USB ports if you don't get any beeps.
7. Run boot_otheros.pkg
8. Run reboot.pkg (use the package, not manually reboot!)
9. You should be in petitboot now.
Exit from CUI to shell or switch to another virtual console.
10. Run script create_hdd_region.sh - rem to CHMOD 755
(The path to create_hdd_region.sh /tmp/petitboot/mnt/sda1/create_hdd_region.sh)
"sda1" could be "sda2" or "sdb1"/"sdb2" depending on the hdd/stick number-of-partitions
11. Reboot and boot petitboot (from GameOs start "Reboot" app)
12. Then boot red-ribbon-livecd (from the usb – see below) - it should appear in petitboot
2) Download Red Ribbon RC5 on your PC http://sourceforge.net/userapps/medi...itle=Main_Page
3) Extract the ISO to a USB stick (with MagicISO, PowerISO, WinRAR, etc.)
4) Boot your PS3 into petitboot, plug your Linux USB stick in and choose the option to install with OtherOS++ (was the top option for me). Use default user/password (ps3/ps3)
5) Reboot to GameOS, Install and boot mmCM (With a USB Stick plugged in)
Update online via "debug mode" – (holding L2+R2 during startup) -> Update to latest online version (still 4.4.3)
6) Press [SELECT] + [START] to go to mmOS, press [CIRCLE] on ANY file and “Open in Hex”
7) Press [SELECT] to switch to LV2 memory
Then press [START] to dump
It will ask if you want to dump LV2, then LV1 just press [NO]
Third question is about the flash, press [YES]
You'll find the dump in /dev_usb000
It will look similar to 20120717-185431-FLASH-NOR-FW3.55.NORBIN
8) Copy the dump to your PC and put it in a folder with “norunpack” (have norunpack at root of C:/ drive for ease of use), rename your dump to 355CEX.NORBIN for ease of use. http://www.mediafire.com/?9eo21wytc76c5af - norunpack
9) Open a command prompt and type “cd C:\norunpack” (without quotes)
Then type “norunpack 355CEX.NORBIN extracted” (without quotes)
10) Once completed, go into your newly created “extracted” folder and then into the “asecure_loader” folder to grab your dumped metldr
11) Download metldrpwn from http://www.mediafire.com/?c9k31hajmrcpmz4 & extract it.
12) Place your “metldr” file in the metldrpwn folder and copy to a USB stick
13) Boot up Linux on your PS3, plug your USB stick in
14) Copy the “metldrpwn” folder to your “Home” folder
15) Open up Terminal and type “cd metldrpwn” (without quotes)
16) Type “sudo ./run.sh” (without quotes) If it fails, type “sudo chmod +x ./run.sh” (without quotes) Then re-type “sudo ./run.sh” (without quotes)
17) Copy your newly created “dump_eid0.bin” file to your USB and plug it back into your PC
18) Copy the “dump_eid0.bin” & your “355CEX.NORBIN” into the c2d.exe folder (copy C2D.exe folder to root of C drive for ease of use)
19) Open your “dump_eid0.bin” in a hexeditor of you choosing (I used HXD) and extract your keys - keys are either at start of the file (0x00 - 0x2f) or somewhere else. You can find the right location by searching the dump. You can search for bytes 0x00-0x10 and you may find the proper erk/iv at 0xc0*** location
20) Highlight and copy your keys (3 lines) and create a new file in your hex program, paste your keys in and save it as “keys.BIN”
21) Open a command prompt and type “cd C:\c2d” (without quotes) Then type "c2d.exe keys.BIN 355CEX.NORBIN 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN" (without quotes)
22) Copy your 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN & your renamed 355CEX.EID0.NORBIN to your PS3 (FTP in mmCM or on a USB stick) mmCM will not flash unless the file ends with .EID0.NORBIN
23) Open mmOS ([SELECT] + [START]), browse to your 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN and double click on it.
24) Reboot your console and install 3.55 DEX FW
25) To switch back to retail, simply double click on your 355CEX.EID0.NORBIN, reboot and reinstall a 3.55 CFW of your preference
Last edited by TomatOsaUce; Yesterday at 08:41 PM.