[Update- Online] FreeStore V1.0.4 - PS3 Homebrew Database with FTP Transfer Utility
A member over at ps3news Pojiku has posted the following app for PC :
Key features :
I'm working on a PC utility application called FreeStore v1.0, basically it's an updated database of the latest PlayStation 3 homebrew releases.
You simply select the item you want and it will be installed onto your PS3 directly.
• Automatically find the latest homebrew.
• Built-in FTP client allows installing to PS3 without touching a USB drive.
• Is n00b friendly!
• Add filters to give more specific results
• Include a HEX database
• Include App/Hex submission form
• Make a pretty interface ^^
How to use :
1. Run a PS3 FTP Server on your PS3.
2. Using the IP Address displayed on-screen, connect to your PS3 using the FTP dialoge above.
3. Select the item you want to download, then press the "Download" button.
4. Restart your PS3 and your item will appear in the 'Game' category of the XMB.
UPDATE : Updated to V1.0.4 - 03/11/10 (DD/MM/YY)
1.0.4 Fixed a bug whereby transferred apps would not install correctly.
(Just run the update .exe and it automagically updates!) If you have a previous version you only need to update (using the update.exe) unless you have problems updating (running wine for example)
Freestore Is now Online :) - Head over to : FreeStore using your PS3's Browser then :
Version 0.01 by Pojiku
Connect a USB drive to your PS3 then click on the item you want to download. Your PS3 will ask you to select a destination, you can simply press 'Start' to save the file on the root of your USB drive.
After completion, you can install your item using the "Install Package Files" option of the XMB.