Honestly, I have no idea what I did. But, it started off the same way your's did. I tried to go online, and it told me that my network configurations weren't for the current system (something to that effect). After that, I couldn't get online. I got DNAS -880 error over and over no matter what game (original or backup) I tried. I have never messed around with the machine ID changers before this happening...so it freaked me out when I used it (having no other alternative to getting rid of the dnas error) and saw that I had no iLink ID. There is one thing that I did think of after back tracking. I remember on the same day this happened...I was playing a game off the HD and a blackout occured. I'm by no means saying it was that which caused it, but after tracing back my steps, it all goes back to the blackout. The whole situation was strange, but the good thing is that there is hope since I got mine working pretty quickly after searching a bit, and it was pretty simple. If you have any problems still, tothanubis, please feel free to PM, I'll gladly try and help you out.
Originally Posted by tothanubis
V5 PS2 w/ Crystal Chip
Maxtor 200GB HD