My mate had just modded his x-box and I have to say, I think its incredible. With one single mod chip and a firmware update he can now do the following...
- Run a 120Gb HDD (likely to be upgraded with next firmware)
- FTP to and from his X-box
- Play media from the HDD (mp3, divx, xvid, previously unplayable avi files with missing codecs and the ability to sync video and audio using a video delay)
- Copy X-box games directly onto HDD and run solely from the HDD
- Completely compatible with x-box dvd remote controller
- Future plans for Internet browser and possibly rip DVD onto HDD
When I saw this, the first thing I said was "why the fsck did I get a PS2?" but I'm now wondering whether there are any plans to design a PS2 modchip to allow this sort of mutlimedia/HDD support?
Thanks in advance for your replies.