The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Memory cards in ps2linux
Memory cards in ps2linux –
Finally got my linux kit last week and quickly realised how little I actually knew :s
Anyway, just a few quick questions to set me straight. I've got my ps2linux networked with my pc (without the use of pukklink and inlink, just network neighbour hood style)
1) ok, can nport work with out the use of pukklink and inlink?
2) are there any programs to get full access to the memory card in linux on the ps2?
3) I cant seem to get reality player to work like it says from loading it onto the card within linux. has anyone tried it that way?
4) what does mcloader actually do, since i can't find that out? (just that its useful)
Hope someone can set me straight, so i can continue onwards. Next stop, a divx and mp3 player that i can use within the ps2linux enviroment....
Question (1): I dont know
Question (2): I have seen hacks..( google )
Question (3): I never mess with that thing; Not sure.
Question (4): Its a tool that installs the files listed in the mcupload.txt or something...I found out its not something to mess with. You would be better off doing it with PS2Menu.
If you need anything else, email me.
1) It also works trough ps2link and ps2client. But it is not working trough linux
2) There are kernel patches to access gamesaves, but you are not able to access the sytem configuration. See http://www.0xd6.org/no-bwlinux-check-2.2.1.diff for the basic patches. There are more on the Playstation Linux Forum
3) Haven´t tried that way
4) Install´s stuff to MemCard from PC or CD. You have to follow the documentation closely to get it to work as expected. PS2Menu is way easier (apart from the "intuitive" user interface of PS2Menu that is..)
Oh and for the divx and mp3 player from witihin Linux: mplayer is ported and works ok (maybe not for fullscreen divx), the Reality Mediaplayer does not work from within Linux