The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
MC Exploit tutorial for Gameshark 2 for PS2 v1.1
MC Exploit tutorial for Gameshark 2 for PS2 v1.1 –
Mods please move this thread if it's in the wrong forum.
In this tutorial I'm using version 1.1 but any version that can support usb stick would work as well. There are MC exploit methods using other cheat devices so I won't go too much into detail. However, the lack of tutorial for gameshark prompts me to write up this tutorial.
-Every exploit files you want to put onto your MC (I recommend only uLaunchElf cuz you can always use others later through usb)
-PS2 Save Builder (http://www.ps2savetools.com)
-Titleman Frontend (recommend lastest version, google is your friend)
-Gameshark 2 (any version which can read usb device, in this tutorial we're using v1.1)
1. Open "Titleman Frontend" and create a brand new TITLE.DB, then manually type in the correct required name of your original psx disc.
*Don't bother using an app to read the disc's id because you can do the same thing quicker manually.
*Recommend to add more than one disc to raise your chance of making the exploit work, as well as in case your main trigger disc get lost or stolen.
2. Open "PS2 save builder", choose File/New and type in the Root/ID box the system folder's name of your MC.
*BADATA-SYSTEM for NTSC consoles
*BEDATA-SYSTEM for PAL consoles
*BIDATA-SYSTEM for JAP consoles
3. Drag all essential files into the file window, all CAPITAL.
*Must have iop.irx, system.cnf, your title.db, and a boot.elf file as your boot file.
4. Hit "Save" button (or File/Save as) and choose SharkPort (*.md) and save as what ever name you want.
5. This step is *EXTRA IMPORTANT* so take a deep breath... that's right... breeeeath.
*Open a folder (any folder in your comp). Choose Tool/Folder Option/View and scroll down to where it says "Hidden files and folders". Choose "Show hidden files and folders" and click OK button.
*Go to where you saved your exploit file and you'll see the .md extension.
*Highlight the file and hit F2 to rename it (or you can right click and choose Rename) and rename the extension to ".ps2"
6. Save the file to your usb stick's main folder (subfolder is okay, but not recommended)
7. Boot up the gameshark disc (DO NOT stick your usb device in the usb slot while it loads or the screen will freeze)
*Go to [Mem & Save Manager] with your stick in the usb slot and MC in the first memory card slot.
*Choose NO if it asks you to load save files from the disc, then wait for everything to load
- If your stick's content are not shown on the left (Source) window, put it back in your computer and make sure that it's format FAT16 (or just FAT) and not FAT32. If it's FAT32 then reformat the stick (I'll leave it up to you how you wanna do that) to FAT.
- If after making sure the stick is FAT and it still doesn't work then you are almost screwed. Your best bet is to buy another brand or borrow from someone and hope it'll work.
*Now assuming the content does show up, choose the exploit file (*whateverexploitname*.ps2) and copy over to your MC (Target) window. You'll see something such as "yoursystemsetting" shows up in your MC window.
8. Hit EJECT and replace the gameshark disc with one of your "intended" psx trigger disc that you used to create the TITLE.DB file.
*Hit RESET button and wait for it to boot. If everything is correct you should see a white screen, follow by whatever elf file you set as your BOOT.ELF
*If it doesn't work, switch with another disc. If it still doesn't work repeat the whole tutorial again until it work
Congratulation! You have now finished the tutorial. Celebrate by start messing around with it. Remember to use it carefully and responsibly. Any harm you may encounter is entirely your fault :grin: !
This tutorial is similar to the one for AR Max and CB up to #4, so if you don't understand what the heck I said refer yourself to those (tutorials. From #5 onward is my own method. If you happens to know this method then good for you. Those who cuss at themselves for buying a gameshark and thought it was a useless piece of shit will be happy (I hope) :wink2: .