The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
A lot of questions about EMS Memory Adaptor
A lot of questions about EMS Memory Adaptor –
1) Does it work with GTA3 and GTA:VC?
2) Does it work with PS1 games?
3) Should I bother getting the printer port version or is it practically a necessity to get the USB version?
4) Any known problems with either the USB or printer port version?
5) Does Medialinker 1.3 work with printer port EMS adaptor?
6) I've found a guy who's selling a second hand printer port one for about USD$15.. Is this worth it?
Thank you all. I will be meeting the guy tomorrow to purchase this if you guys can clarify my doubts...
Hopefully this thing will work better than my DIY Sharkport(which won't work with GTA:VC at all )
2) I believe so, not tried it yet but it should
3) The Printer Port version is a little buggy software wise, not to mention the speed increase of USB...
4) Yeah, buggy software that can crash during a transfer Other than that I've had no other problems with mine (parallel port version)
5) It only works on the Printer Port version. EMS used to use a modified version of the Media Linker as their first USB software (which had a link to the site and how I found Media Linker 1.3) They now have different software that has their brand name on it, not sure if it's the same soft with a different face or all new..
6) I paid about that for one brand new. I had to buy the cable seperately tho. If it includes the cable and you can test it first (the cable may be dodgy or a connector may have buggered) then why not buy it (apart from the speed of the USB version of course )
The issue with the Xport/SharkPort has been resolved, you need the PS2 software version 2.23 for compatabilty. Datel (Interact no longer distribute their stuff) are looking at a PC side fix but it looks like you will need the updated PS2 disc
Ok thanks.. I went ahead and purchased it. It works very well. I haven't tried PS1 games yet, but GTA:VC works..
I can't get hold of the the PS2 software 2.23 cos my PS2 software is a burnt copy..