The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
[REL] Deal Breaker II Minigame for GTA IV
[REL] Deal Breaker II Minigame for GTA IV –
Deal Breaker II
Deal Breaker II mini game V1.1 (Overview)
- Deal Breaker II is a single-player mini game for GTA IV (but in fact, it looks like a multiplayer game).
- In a nutshell, it's the original "Deal Breaker" online game but with some extra fun add-ons.
- You will be able to drop bombs from your helicopter (which will help you to wipe out all 25 enemies in each mission).
- There is a total of 10 missions spread around Liberty City. Kill all enemies, steal the drugs and bring it back to Petrovic.
- You will earn 4 bombs after winning each mission.
Download link: DB2_v1.1_PS3.ZIP
While inside a helicopter:
Drop bombs from helicopter (the amount of bombs left will be visible at the bottom of the screen)
Ambient Speech (Hey there, Zdarova and all that funny stuff russian mobs say in multiplayer, lol).
Pre-reqs for installation:
- PS3 with CFW (Jailbreak)
- OpenIV (application)
Easiest way to install/play this MOD is using Evilb's PKG (which has Three-Socks ModManager app and also contains a collection of misc mini games):
1) Rename the Deal Breaker II SCO file to "modslot01.sco" or modslotXX.sco (where XX = number available/free in range [01-10]).
2) After installing Evilb's PKG on your PS3, use OpenIV on your PC to open the file update.img, add the renamed Deal Breaker II SCO and rebuild it.
Location: /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30127/USRDIR/update.img (Depending on your GTA IV version, the directory name BLUS30127 might have a different name)
3) Upload your updated update.img to your PS3 using Multiman's FTP service (or use a USB flash drive and do a local copy to the directory above).
PS: I'm in the hope that someone will add this SCO into a PS3 pkg with a mini game collection (in order to make it easier to install).
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see some useful info regarding your allies health, helicopter health and amount of bombs you have left.
- While fighting with enemies in your helicopter, try to swing/move it as much as possible and avoid standing still (or you will probably be killed by the RPG enemy).
- If you still have enemies to kill after using all your bombs, move your helicopter on a comfortable position to let your allies kill the remaining enemies (or just land your helicopter and go hunt the enemies).
- Health packs will be available/shown in the map during each mission (grab them to keep your allies alive and restore the helicopter health).
- If you happen to have all allies killed, you will be able to pick up new ones on a specific location in the map
Source code is available within the ZIP file (all written in C language).
File name: db2_ps3.c
HuN (PSX-SCENE)........: This minigame wouldn't exist without HuN's help (since the source code of his Hitman Jobs mini game was 100% used in this mini game)
Three-Socks (PSX-SCENE): For the awesome ModManager tool compiled also for PC (I wouldn't be able to test this script without this tool).
Alexander Blade........: For the essential SCOCL tool and the SCO source codes provided with it (which were used in this SCO for the Ally bots). This minigame wouldn't exist without SCOCL (big thanks!).
Skorpro................: For the "BombMod.c" that was used in this minigame and the "text-on-screen" source code which were 100% coded by Skorpro (I just did a few minor changes to adjust explosion size).
I also have to thank myself for being persistent since the beginning (I had loads of crashes/game freezes while coding this mini game). One month of hard work (day & night), moments of fun and frustration (but in the end I got very happy with the results).
I hope you have as much fun as I did while playing this mini game.
Last edited by rodd1981; 12-23-2012 at 10:07 PM.
* FIXED ISSUE : Game was freezing when Petrovic was hitten by a bomb (now you are not allowed to drop bombs near him).
* FIXED ISSUE : Team mates blip was still active on radar after dying.
* FIXED ISSUE : Game was freezing on Majestic (1st mission - probably due to room interiors loads plus intense mini game code running in background). Changed 1st mission location to a nearby place to avoid/fix game freezing
* FIXED ISSUE : When player was killed inside a vehicle/heli, team mates that were still alive were being teleported to Petrovic's house inside a vehicle/heli.
* FIXED ISSUE : Function HAS_PICKUP_BEEN_COLLECTED was replaced by COUNT_PICKUPS_OF_TYPE (thus, fixing a issue where the game got stuck after collecting all pkgs).
* FIXED ISSUE : Local and pain voice is now set to current player (Russian mobster).
* FIXED ISSUE : Old pickups (drug/health) are now cleared from the map before the game starts.
* ADDED.......: When game ends, you will be teleported to the latest location you were (as Niko Bellic).
* ADDED.......: Progress Status Percentage Stats
Last edited by rodd1981; 12-23-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Very nice Rodd, good to see some contributions.
This should be posted in the "Mega Script Thread" though. Good job with this anyway.
Sorry for that (I wasn't aware). TBH I'm kinda new to psx-scene
Originally Posted by Colt
Welcome to Psx-Scene.
This deserves it own thread.
But please do add it to the MEGA thread. Great job btw!
i cant wait to try this ... nice release rodd
Thanks HuN! =)
Originally Posted by HuN
I might need your help to fix a few bugs I've found (they don't seem to happen very often though):
1 - Sometimes my PS3 is freezing (not sure if it's just my PS3 or the mini game itself which is making the GTA game engine go nuts lol). However, I was having that issue with my PS3 before the jailbreak while playing Bomb da Base online (and then I had to power off/on and after that the game wouldn't freeze anymore).
2 - Sometimes after collecting all the coke pickups, the mini game doesn't proceed to the next mission and keeps idling forever and ever (the logic used seems to be OK, so I'm not sure what's really wrong in there).
Please take a look at the source code and let me know if you come up with any ideas to fix that.
once ill see the bugs in action , ill be more able to tell ... as for idle minigame i think you might miss a " coke pack " to proceed , maybe it spawn in a building wall or fall tru floor .
Originally Posted by rodd1981
in anycase , ill try the minigame and look at source sometime tomorrow ... ill let you know if i find somthing.
Welcome , This looks good , I will have to play ! Thanks
Great work! Reminds me of the mini game on TBoGT. I put way too many hours into that to get a crappy trophy.
Keep up the good work