The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Excellent work ... After some tinkering here is my feedback.
A) Launch Menu. Excellent. Simple, clean and functional and works very well. So much better than the previous method used to launch testing of PS1 games.
B) Games testing on emulator.
USB: 320Gig running mass0:
BIOS Tested with: SCPH-7001.bin (NTSC-USA) DO NOT USE SCPH-7502.bin (PAL-EUR) when testing NTSC games. Leads to sound, music and graphic glitches.
1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.SLUS_00067 Video Mode: NTSC. Game loads, opening FMV OK, recognises virtual MC, Gameplay = Inconsistent frame rate, lots of graphical glitches. Too slow to be playable. Sound: OK. Use Frame Limiter otherwise voices will not play.
2. Suikoden I.SLUS_002.92 Video Mode: NTSC. Game loads, opening FMV OK, recognises virtual MC, Gameplay = Acceptable frame rate, no graphical glitches. Use Frame Limiter = Acceptable frame rate. Playable. Sound: Good.
3. Resident Evil - Directors Cut.SLUS_007.47. Video Mode: NTSC. Game loads, opening FMV OK, recognises virtual MC, Gameplay = Inconsistent frame rate, no graphical glitches - Slowdown when Zombies on screen(!). Playable. With Sound: Inconsistent sound. Very slow speech. Broken effects. Music OK.
Just some feedback for you and other Beta testers...
Ran Castilevania Symphony of the Night PAL with 7502 bios
Had to enable the frame limiter as it was too fast and besides some random subtle sound cracks it seems to be working perfectly. I'm running this off a usb 80gb hdd.
Is there currently, or will there be a way to change disk for games like ff7?
Yup, the sound slows sometimes the emulation down a lot. Some games will show a lot of glitches. In some games the framerate will not be reported properly, thus the limiter might not work too well .
Remember one thing. By default only cue, bin and ccd extensions are visible. To show all files press R2 . I'll try to write a simple readme this weekend and pinpoint all the most important issues and solutions (if any).
As for changing the discs... You'll have to save at the end of disc, restart and launch from another disc (it won't work with some games).
is there a key combo to stop emulation and go back to menu ?
Yes. The exit to menu combo is L1+L2+R1+R2+UP. The screenchot combo is L1+L2+R1+R2+Circle+Triangle (but note that it simply saves the visible buffer directly to tim2, with all the consequences - it was done for debug purposes rather than real screenshot feature).
ffgriever, awesome! Will try it out later this week
Right, i try with Crash-Bash and it slows down the emu.....
Yup, the sound slows sometimes the emulation down a lot.
And i just want to say, i tried to run the emu with radshell, i take the "old" line that works with your "rev168", but in your new release it donīt work.
When i start it, the window with "Radshell 0.6" comes up, then black screen and nothing happens......
My radshell.rsh shows the following.....
1. load ioman.irx
2. run ps2psxe.elf -32bpp -bios=bios/scph7502.bin -nofps -cdimage=games/SCES-02834.cue
SCES-02834.cue = Crash Bash
My folders are:
I tried it with different options, but it donīt start.......
Have you put the audsrv and freesd in the same directory? If you did, then it might be a problem with compressed files. They do work just fine with ps2client, but I didn't check them with radshell.
I have run 3 games with new version:
1. Chrono trigger - some graphic errors in backgrounds (lines), and some slow downs, music ok (80%-100% speed)
2. Ehrgeiz - with 32 bit realy nice graphic, some slow downs, emu have little problem with 2d graphic on title screan, 70-80% speed when monsters on stage, 100% when location empty.
3. Saga frontier2 - some graphic errors, 80-90% speed when playing
Thanks ffgriever for your awesome job!
In my 79001, some of the games that I have tested in USB works flawlessly without audio, but it slows down a lot when this option is activated:
World Soccer Winning Eleven 2002 (NTSC-J)
Ridge Racer Type 4 (PAL)
Crash Bash (PAL) ~ The only glitch is the invisible fonts of the pause menus
Now the games that doesn't work:
Driver (PAL) has several graphical glitches, and it freezes suddenly when playing.
The Tony Hawk series (I've tested various PAL games) works perfectly in menus and videos, even when the audio is enabled. But it is impossible to play, because it freezes in loading screens. I've tried every mode combination, but it doesn't work.