SModeSelector_v0.15 (Cooperative Test - 15th. Round)
On these release
Still using static "Magic Numbers" to set Width, Height and X/Y coordinates, but...
- dlanor contribution was incorporated on my source code (easy copy of ASM functions to KSEG)
- Some cleanup on source code was made
- I changed some Menu Options
- I believe the appearance of Menu was improved (but It is not really important at this Lab stage)
- Option to exit to mc0:/BOOT/HDLOADER.ELF or to PS2 BROWSER (OSDSYS/ESR/FMCB/etc.)
- Specific option to play ICO on VGA640@60Hz monitors.
- Press [L1] to VGA640@60Hz on-the-fly activation
For those users trying to launch GSModeSelector on VGA monitors
At this early lab test stage, after launch the GSModeSelector's BOOT.ELF file from some methods (off the top of my head I can remember only these)...
- Bootable PS2 CD (put ELF on a ISO image built by CDGENPS2, Google it for a tutorial)
- Boot PS2 from a Memory Card ELF file (also known as Dev1: "Devolution" 1 mode). Some Modchips have it!
- You can also not launch directly GSModeSelector. You can do this using VGA uLE (http://www.psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61874)
... to escape from darness ;-) i.e. BSOD, and see the main menu you must press [L1] to VGA640@60Hz on-the-fly activation!
About your feedback
I would be grateful if you let me know...
- Some games that works on VGA mode
- If my "Exit to PS2 BROWSER" allows use of ESR/FMCB (VGA/NTSC/PAL/HDTV users).
- What happens to gameplay when you force a title from NTSC480i to PAL576i (or vice-versa)
- I would like to know if for those non-HDLoader users, the patch still working with games loaded from CD/DVD (unmodded consoles, FMCB, ESR, and so on)...!
These above would be enough for now.
On next release... zzzzzzzzzz
- Automatic centering, stretch, widening (and so on) based on source and target title resolutions
The main pending at this moment
- VSYNC issue to solve BSOD on GT4, FFX International and many titles that was not working
By last but not at least: Many things pending, but little time to solve them...!