Tutorial: BDEMU change size of partitions to match game rather than 46GB (default) DEX
By default when you format your external drive to BDEMU on ps3 console it'll make 46GB sized partitions same goes with ps3gen BDEMU format utility except ps3gen will you give you 4 slots for games, problem is you can only have 4 and if your external isn't at least 184GB+ you can't use all partitions.
For instance since I am using a 32GB sandisk thumb drive i would only get one partition each time, meaning only one game. Because each partition has to take up 46GB (Bluray dual layer basically) it doesnt take your drive size like mine 32GB and divide by 4 slots meaning I should have four 10.6GB slots but it doesnt work that way.
So i found another way that works requires a hex editor. I'll use HxD for this tutorial or whatever you want to call it. I also used aldostools start_ps3gen.exe to have any # of slots I wanted up to 255 instead of just 1 or 4. (you can also edit the ps3gen dll to do this)
1. Put start_ps3gen.exe in same folder as ps3gen (check both to run as admin)
2. Open start_ps3gen.exe pick number of slots you want.
3. ps3gen should start after you do this, pick command then BD Emulator HDD Utility...
(May have to format first on PS3 if run into problems)
4. pick your drive then pick Format HDD for BD emulator, say yes to all warnings.
5. this should make the # of slots you picked in step 2 into images on disc.
6. Now build a game in ps3 gen (find out how to do this yourself)
7. at the end of building game where you the select output image format pops pick For BD Emulator (direct) and choose Image0
8. Game will write to ext HD (takes about an hour for a 10gb game)
(Since you'll be fooling with your hard drive in this section, make sure you fully understand this guide to do this, it works ive tested, i take no responsibility for possible damage)
9. Open Hxd (or other hex editor) go to Extras, open disk and pick your external disk with ps3 game and uncheck read only
10. Press ctl+g or pick search, Go to..., type in offset 20000
11. If you're in the right place to the right of the hex you should be able to read BD-EMU-1
12. At offset 20034 starts your first slot partition size 46GB hex 05D3A0
13. to the right of hex 05D3A0 there are some zeros then more hex this is the ACTUAL size of the game you just put on there
14. Open up calculator in windows, pick view, programmer take the ACTUAL SIZE OF GAME in hex and multiply by 4
example: my Resident evil 6 was 513F40 (10.1GB) multiply by 4 is 144FD00
15. Take this new hex value (ACTUAL GAME SIZE multiplied by 4 in hex value ex: 144FD00 for my RE6) and replace the 46GB hex number with it so 05D3A0 (46GB partition size) becomes ACTUAL GAME SIZE multiplied by 4 hex value (Example: 144FD00 hex value)
16. As you may notice every other line there is pattern, each time you see 05D3A0 thats the next partition. Since I picked 3 slots I see this 05D3A0 3 times.
17.Pick file, save in HxD close program.
18. Add another game to Image1 (the next partition) via ps3gen and start from step 9, do this for each new game added