The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
DEX -> CEX Brick –
It seems like most people, I was stupid enough to come out of service mode before installing a CEX PUP and my PS3 is now seemingly bricked.
When it turns on, I get a steady green light for 4-5 seconds, then it flashes yellow, then green, then it flashes red until I turn it off. I read the tutorial so many times, yet somehow managed to install the wrong the Lv2diag file onto my USB stick, which took it out of FSM .
I have a CECHC which followed this update process: 3.55 CFW -> 4.11 DEX CFW -> 3.55 DEX CFW.
I used Preloader Advance to dump my NAND before CEX->DEX then again when attempting to restore the system back to CEX. I have a number of dongles and an old Nexus One lying around, none of which seem to be able to get the PS3 back into FSM so I can run the CEX PUP.
Am I screwed without a hardware flasher? Can I even fix this problem if I buy one?
Sorry for your loss. I think you're going to need a hardware flasher to fix it but not sure.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you didn't have to go into factory service mode to go from dex back to cex. All you had to do is double click your old nand dump in multiman, turn the ps3 off from the xmb, power on and install a cex firmware from the update menu
Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Thank you for your response.
Originally Posted by BahumatLord
Sadly there doesn't seem to be many decent tutorials for DEX -> CEX conversion as I guess everyone's situation is different. Had I known that the flash dump could be restored from MultiMan, I doubt I would be in this situation now .
I can't find a link to the DEX -> CEX tutorial I used, but the steps I followed were as follows:
1. Downgrade 4.11 DEX to 3.55 DEX
2. Install Rogero 3.55 DEX v2
3. Install toggle_qa. pkg and run.
4. Install FactoryServiceModeDEX. pkg and run, PS3 reboots in FSM.
5. Turn off PS3.
6. Rename Backuprflash. bin to rflash. bin, change advance. cfg to flash file (full mode) and copy to USB stick with other Preloader Advance files.
7. Insert USB stick in rightmost port, turn PS3 on and wait until it shuts down (after a minute or so).
8. Turn PS3 back on, still in FSM. (I did not check the system version at this point).
9. Changed advance. cfg to make it exit FSM and reset PS3.
10. Brick (After turning PS3 on - Beep, then steady green light for 4-5 seconds, then it flashes yellow, back to green, then a triple beep, then it flashes red until I turn it off).
I'm guessing that to successfully follow this tutorial, at step 8 when I was still in FSM I should have run toggle_qa. pkg and then installed a CEX CFW?
I'm really not too keen on spending money on a hardware flasher if it's irreparable, so has anyone else had a similar situation (with the light combo) and been able to repair it (and get it back to CEX) with a ProgSkeet? It would be a shame to lose this PS3 as it has PS2 backwards compatibility.
hey did you manage to unbrick your ps3 as im having the same problem please reply