SKYRIM - PS3 to PC / PC to PS3 Conversion + Mods & Updates
PSX-SCENE member seifer69er informs us that he has put together a great project for everyone trying to enjoy Skyim on the PS3. The problem with playing Skyrim on the PS3, is that you do not have access to all the latest updates and patches. This means, you can become stuck in the game, and be left with a useless save file. Well, thanks to this project, users can now transfer their PS3 save files to the PC version of the game. Then, they can pass which ever part they are 'stuck' on, and transfer the save file back to the PS# and continue enjoying the game.
More information/discussion can be found here: http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/...ck-again-2140/
PART 3: Region Convert, EU to US and US to EU
- PS3 with TB FW, backup manager and a file manager
- True blue dongle and Skyrim TB EBOOT
- SKYRIM BLUS30778 AND BLES01329
- (Optional) PC version of Skyrim
- Memory stick (FAT32 Formatted)
- Your skyrim save file
- SKYRIM Save Utilty Tool
- To be honest, just follow PART 1 and PART 2, but the key difference is…..just quickload to the region you require
[CENTER]https://p.twimg.com/ApwYU4kCEAEp8XN.pngQ & A:https://p.twimg.com/ApwYYI9CMAEyEw_.png
Q: Why does this work???
A: All we are doing is using the functions that bethesda put in the pc version of skyrim....the beloved "Quickload" function and using it on the ps3 to do our bidding.
Q: Do i really need the pc copy of skyrim to make this work
Q: Why not?
A: Using the pc copy of skyrim is what allowed me to discover this method of pulling from the cache. Its really not that necessary.
Q:My skyrim game will not load properly or not at all
A: make sure the TB eboot is installed and that permissions are set.
Q:I press L1 and a message about versions pops up, what should i do?
A: Are you sure you changed the save file version number to be compatible with the PS3? Just use the tool and you will be ok.
PART 5: Install Official Updates on CFW
Current SKYRIM Updates
- Download the Update of Skyrim via link above.
- copy the PKG to your memory stick
- Install the package on your CFW PS3
- go play some TB updated SKYRIM
PART 6: Install PC Mods on PS3
DragonBone Weapons found via Dragonbone Weapons at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community
- [B]Download the SKYRIM.INI template for the region you desire
- Download the PC Mods that you want to port to PS3
- Extract the Files from the zip file (if needed)
- Rename all the Files using Capital letters. Eg “DragonBoneWeaponsComplete.esp” to “DRAGONBONEWEAPONSCOMPLETE.ESP”
- Open the SKYRIM.ini template in a text editor.
- starting from “sTestFile2=” insert the name of the .ESP file (all in capitals) eg “DRAGONBONEWEAPONSCOMPLETE.ESP”
- if you have a second mod, insert it at “sTestFile3=”
- DO NOT insert anything at “sTestFile1=” as this is reserved for the “SKYRIM.ESM”. in other words the SKYRIM game itself
- If you have any .BSA files as one of your mod files, insert it at the end of : “sResourceArchiveList=” with a !!!comma then a space!!!
- eg. sResourceArchiveList=SKYRIM - MISC.BSA, SKYRIM - SHADERS.BSA, SKYRIM - TEXTURES.BSA, SKYRIM - INTERFACE.BSA, SKYRIM - ANIMATIONS.BSA, SKYRIM - MESHES.BSA, SKYRIM - SOUNDS.BSA, DRAGONBONEWEAPONSCOMPLETE.BSA
- Save the file and Exit.
- Copy the SKYRIM.INI file and your PC mods to the Memory stick
- Load up your PS3 and enter your File manager
- Navigate to SKYRIM installed on the PS3 HDD eg “dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30778 - [SKYRIM US]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA” or “dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLES01329- [SKYRIM US]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA”
- Copy all the PC mods here
- Now up one directory to the USRDIR folder and overwrite the SKYRIM.INI file
- Exit the File manager and go play some SKYRIM. That’s it…..that simple :)
- In order for this to work, ALL MODS MUST BE IN CAPITALS LETTERS
- I have chosen not to Cache any of the Game DATA as this chews up space on the PS3 HDD and it honestly makes ZERO!!! Difference….unless you play off a disc lol (which TB does not lol)
- Only 9 mods at any time are supported “sTestFile2” to “sTestFile10” = 9 mod files
- I do not support the mods themselves but I do support the process, in other words if there is something wrong with the mod please see the developer of that MOD, if the mod does not load you may see me first.
- I have only created English EU and US templates, but can make french and spanish ones if requested