**FAQs provided by GaryOPA**
Here you will find all the things you need to know related to the 'True Blue' dongle, with all the updated latest information!
True Blue User Guide v2.2 to v2.5
Unlock the true potential of your PS3 with True Blue – keep your PS3 on a homebrew enabled custom firmware, while at the same time enjoying the newest and most popular PS3 games.
- Booting of games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above
- Runs your existing games and new v3.6+ games from HDD in conjunction with standard backup managers
- Does not require the power/eject trick
- Custom v3.55 Dongle firmware behaves like OFW when True Blue is not inserted
- Manufactured from highest grade components and Actel based
- Durable and high quality metal case design
- Tough and durable plastic packaging
- Further features to be added as they are developed
- On board 2 MBytes SPI flash
- Supports Fat and Slim PS3 consoles currently running any firmware up to v3.55 and any PS3 which can be downgraded successfully from v3.6+ to v3.55 (NOTE: requires other tools, True Blue cannot downgrade a console) (read troubleshooting below for more details)
- Supports all regions of consoles
- Supports all regions of v3.6+ games
- Rock solid crystal oscillator on board for flawless timing
Setting up your PS3
Before you may use True Blue, you must first install the 3.55‐Dongle custom firmware onto your PS3. This is similar in function to the well known kmeaw CFW; however it also includes modifications which allow True Blue to operate correctly. The 3.55‐Dongle firmware updater is distributed in a file labelled “TrueBlue‐3.55‐CFW-v2.ZIP”, and may be obtained through an internet search – once you have obtained it, please confirm the validity of the PS3UPDAT.PUP file contained within the ZIP archive by matching with one of the following hashes:
Once you have confirmed that you have obtained the correct updater file, proceed with the update as follows:
- Obtain a USB storage device such as a USB HDD or USB flash memory stick
- Create a folder on the storage device in which to save the update file. Using a PC, create a folder named PS3 on the storage device. Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named UPDATE
- Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file to the UPDATE folder created in step 2. Thus, you will have this path structure on your USB storage device: PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Boot your PS3 and insert the USB storage device into the PS3
- From the home menu, select (Settings) ‐> (System Update) ‐> (Update via Storage Media)
- The PS3 will notify you that the “3.55‐Dongle” update was found. Select OK then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update
- After the update has completed, your PS3 will restart and you now be running the 3.55‐Dongle custom firmware. You may now enjoy the use of the True Blue dongle
(NOTE: The above procedure is only applicable to PS3’s on or below system software v3.55)
Using True Blue
To use True Blue, simply insert the dongle into one of the USB ports on your PS3 and power the system up. Do not remove the dongle at any point while the PS3 is running.
True Blue for the most part functions just like a regular jailbreak/CFW in that you may install and run any homebrew software and all of the standard backup managers are supported. The most notable difference is that games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above are also supported.
However, in order to enjoy such titles, you must first obtain special “True Blue versions” which have been modified to function with True Blue. Such modified versions are available for download through the “usual channels” and are clearly labelled as being True Blue compatible.
Once you have obtained True Blue modified games, simply copy them to your PS3 internal or external USB HDD as you would with any usual jailbreak game and launch in the usual manner through any one of the many available backup managers.
TrueBlue Game Compatibility List:
Click Here: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f265/tru...-thread-99116/ (TrueBlue Game compatibility thread)
Updating True Blue
From time to time, we will release firmware updates for True Blue which will add new features.
Directions and a list of changes will be provided inside the firmware update archive file.
**If you just bought TrueBlue Dongle, just update to the latest version (no need to install past versions).
How to update:
- Make sure your PS3 is running the True Blue "3.55-Dongle" CFW v2 (custom firmware)
- Copy TrueBlueUpdate-2.5.pkg from this archive to a USB flash drive
- Boot your PS3 _WITHOUT_ True Blue inserted, and then insert the USB flash drive
- Navigate to (Game) -> (Install Package Files), and then select TrueBlueUpdate-2.5.pkg
- The True Blue updater will be installed onto your PS3 HDD
- Navigate to (Game) and load "True Blue Update v2.5"
- The updater will start, and will then prompt you to insert the True Blue dongle. Insert it only at this point, and continue. Your dongle will then be updated
- After the update procedure has completed your PS3 will reset, and you will then be able to enjoy your updated dongle
- You may delete the True Blue Updater from your HDD after the update is complete
Needed Files & Updates & Guides
True Blue User's Guide: --> TrueBlueUserGuide2_2.pdf (133.9kb)
v2.5 Updater PKG: --> TrueBlueUpdate-2.5.zip (452kb)
v3.55 Dongle CFW v2: --> TrueBlue-3.55-CFW-v2.zip (170.37mb)
PS3 Eboot Fixes
Once you rip your original PS3 game disc to your HDD, you need to replace some 'key' files called EBOOT's with ones that been 'patched' to support Jailbreak'ing, this only has to be done on later v3.6+ games, for a list of currently released 'fixes' please see this link below. -- Check back weekly to see if more games been added! -- Be Patience Please!
Off-Site TB Eboot fixes: --> 'True Blue' Eboot Fixes (via) 'PS3SceneFiles'
* Requires True Blue CFW v2
* Game compatibility fixes
* Stability improvements
* Enhanced dongle security
* Fixed games requiring "BD Mirror"
* True Blue firmware version is now displayed on the XMB "System Information" screen
* Initial worldwide release
* Support for running "True Blue" titles directly from HDD via standard backup managers
Make sure your 'True Blue' dongle is running the latest v2.4 release, if not some current games will not boot-up correctly!
NOTE: no one has successfully gotten TB to work after downgrading via progskeet, e3flasher, and etc, if you can please share, because TB claimed it can.
How to Update from KMEAW 3.55 to TrueBlue CFW 3.55
How to Downgrade from 3.56+ to TB CFW 3.55
Please click on this link: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f265/kad...onsoles-99778/ (KADO True-Blue JB2 Patch for Downgraded consoles)
Here is another way to downgrade:
Q: How do I use True Blue to play a purchased PS3 game that requires 3.6+ PS3 firmware?
A: True Blue does not support directly playing original game discs requiring 3.6+ on lower firmware versions. In order to play such recent games on your jailbroken 3.55 CFW PS3 you must first dump your original game disc to HDD using one of the many supported PS3 backup managers such as Multiman. Once you have dumped the game, you must obtain and install a "True Blue patch" corresponding to said game from the internet. This procedure effectively creates a copy of your game on a HDD, modified to function on your 3.55 CFW PS3 in conjunction with True Blue. For full details, please refer to the True Blue Users Guide on the download page.
Q: Where can I obtain True Blue patch files?
A: Unfortunately we cannot host True Blue patch files on this website, however they are easily obtainable through the search facility provided on the Game Patches page.
Q: What are the requirements for using True Blue?
A: In order to use True Blue, you MUST have a PS3 running firmware v3.55 or lower. If your PS3 is running a firmware version higher than 3.55 then you must first downgrade your PS3 via other means (such as hardware downgrade, please refer elsewhere for further information).
Q: What is the general procedure for getting 3.6+ games running on a 3.55 CFW PS3 with True Blue?
A: The procedure is as follows:
- Download and install the True Blue 3.55 CFW (custom firmware) on your PS3. The True Blue CFW is required in order to allow the True Blue dongle to function with your PS3
- Obtain dumps of your 3.6+ PS3 games using PS3 backup managers or other methods
- Obtain True Blue game patches corresponding to the game dumps you have, and install these patches over the top of your game dumps. The patched game dumps should be stored either on your PS3's internal HDD or an external USB HDD
- Insert the True Blue dongle into your PS3 and turn on the console. Once the PS3 has finished booting, you may then launch your favourite backup manager (such as Multiman) and from there select your True Blue patched games
Q: There is no True Blue patch available for my favourite game XYZ, can I still play it with True Blue?
A: Unfortunately, you will need to wait until a True Blue patch is available. The True Blue team monitors various web forums, so if there is a title you want to play then make a post on a PS3 related forum requesting the game. We will most likely see your post and do our best to release a patch as soon as possible.