reactPSN True Blue 2.62 & Rap2Rif tutorial
REACTPSN 2.0 or 2.2 install for true blue CFW v2 update 2.62 (No previous PSN purchase required)
You can install reactPSN straight from 2.62 if you have 2 or more working PS3 usb ports. TB dongle in left port and external USB HD (or stick) always used for reactPSN in right port.
If only one working PS3 usb port please refer to Rap2rif tutorial (after reactPSN tutorial)
Uninstall any previous spoofers (like rebug spoofer for instance before installing 2.62)
1. Install TB CFW v2 and 2.62 update if havent already.
2. put your USB Thumb or USB HDD back into your PC or MAC.
3. Download reActPSN v2.0 or 2.20
4. Now extract reactPSN v2.0.rar (or 2.20) and drag reactPSN v2.0 pkg to the root of your USB Thumb stick or USB HDD
5. On the root of your USB Thumb Stick create a folder called exdata. Whenever you get new rap and edat files drag them into this very folder (Every Time) usb:exdata/rap files. Always leave previous rap and edat files in exdata for when you reuse reActPSN v2.0 for newer games downloaded.
6. Now install the reActPSN v2.0 pkg like any other pkg from usb in furthest PS3 right USB port (but dont run the program(s) created yet)
8. Run ReActPSN and hold R1 (Some people say Hold Circle instead) during the restart process should only take about 20 seconds. (Holding R1 will make a ReActPSN folder on the base of your usb drive with 2 folders in it "BK0001" and "pubPSN"). Any content you purchased prior to this hack will be backed up in pubPSN folder in the form of rap and edat files (These are the very files needed for us all to activate any shared psn, dlc or psone classic games, THAT YOU OWN. If you had no previous content BK0001 wont be created).
9. Check to see if reactPSN folder was created on USB HD/STICK if not you didnt hold down R1 or USB HD is not in PS3 right port
10. Copy the exdata folder contents in pubPSN to the exdata folder you created on the root of your USB drive.
11. Create a new user account on the PS3 called aa
12. Run reActPSN again *do not push anything this time (it will rename user "aa" to reActPSN v2.0 xrif xedat).
13. When it's finished your PS3 console will automatically restart again (If not restart PS3 manually).
14. You'll notice aa has been renamed to something reActPSN v2.0 xrif xedat. Thats it done.
15. Everytime you want to install new PSN , PSone games or DLC content, just go into reActPSN v2.0 ACCOUNT and rename it to aa (You can do multiple games, dlc, etc at one time, if you have rap and edat files, usb HD)
16. Download, extract rap and edat files (that came with dlc.pkg etc) to exdata folder on the root of your USB Thumb stick or USB HDD
17. Run reActPSN v2.0 (app) again, then install psn game, dlc, or psone classic pkg(s) after reboot.
18. Make sure to keep all previously activated rap and edat files in the exdata folder on Root of USB Thumb stick or HDD for everytime you use reActPSN v2.0 and also for archival purposes.
19. ReactPSN will now work for 2.62 for two or more working PS3 usb ports
Notes: Anytime you install new firmware or remove the dongle the DLC's etc will become deactivated (act.dat will be deleted, so make sure you backup act.dat before doing this so you can easily revert back to it later) same goes for rap2rif below
RAP2RIF TUTORIAL (For people who don't want to use reactPSN, tested on TB 2.62, FOR USERS WITH ONE WORKING PS3 USB PORT MAINLY)
Ok here i wrote/copy pasted this tutorial (I just added the rap2rif stuff and few other things):
no reactPSN needed (only needed once for act.dat if you've never been on PSN)
Download: Download rap2rif needed files.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way (includes: cygwin, idps.pkg, rap2rif, reactPSN)
INSTALL AND SETUP CYGWIN
(I've also heard you can bypass installing cygwin by putting cygwin1.dll in C:\Windows\system or C:\Windows\System32 [depending on 32 or 64bit] and using windows command prompt, never tried it)
1) Open downloaded package.
2) Browse to Apps\cygwin setup files.
3) Run "setup.exe".
4) Follow the setup instructions and choose default settings for all setup options excluding install location, Choose C: drive for install location. (You can choose to install somewhere else if you prefer, I only chose C: to make the guide easier to follow)
5) When Cygwin has finished installing, Browse to "c:/cygwin".
6) Double click on "Cygwin.bat" (A command shell will open).
7) Wait for your user name to be displayed then type "exit" in the command shell.
Cygwin is now setup.
1) Open downloaded package.
2) Copy the contents of "UserName" to "c:/cygwin/home/YourUsername".
3) Copy the "bin" folder to "c:/cygwin" (Overwrite any/all existing files/folders).
PS3 environment is now setup.
DO NOT CHANGE ".ps3" OR IT WILL CAUSE ERRORS.
1) Open downloaded package.
2) Browse to Apps.
3) Copy "get_idps.pkg" to the root of the usb device.
4) Plug the usb device into the ps3.
5) Install "get_idps.pkg" via Install Package Files on the XMB menu.
6) Keep the usb device plugged in.
5) Run get_idps, It will dump your idps to the root of the usb.
The get_idps dump is already in the correct format for Cygwin.
Copy the "idps" dump from your usb device to "c:/cygwin/home/YourUsername/.ps3".
if you dont have the act.dat file (located in dev_hdd0/home/0000000X/exdata on your ps3) you have to use reactPSN once to get a universal one, there are plenty of guides on this. Your "act.dat" file go in "c:/cygwin/home/YourUsername/.ps3/exdata"
put .rap files in "c:/cygwin/home/YourUsername"
open cygwin.bat in c:/cygwin (or wherever you installed it) or the cygwin shortcut on desktop or start menu if you chose to install these
in the cygwin command prompt type: rap2rif [your rap file] [your rap file name with .rif at end instead of.rap] hit enter
example: rap2rif UP1018-BLUS30538_00-BATMANINCSKIN001.rap UP1018-BLUS30538_00-BATMANINCSKIN001.rif
.rif file will be created in "c:/cygwin/home/YourUsername" (same place you put .rap file)
put .rif file on ps3 (via usb hd or FTP) to dev_hdd0/home/0000000X/exdata (where your act.dat file was, if you had one)
install your dlc.pkg on PS3 that corresponds with .rif file just made, that's it.