**This Tutorial was provided by: naughtydog**
Just made a video to answer some few questions that has been asked a lot in the TB thread. Video quality is not the best but watchable :cheerful:
Installing TB CFW over Kmeaw and Updating the TB dongle to v2.2
NOTE: This applies to all CFW/MFW on 3.55 FW or lower
YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR DONGLE STRAIGHT TO V2.3 WITHOUT UPDATING TO V2.2 FIRST. CONFIRMED.
- Make sure you are on 3.55 FW or lower
- Plug your USB drive into your PC
- Create a new folder on it called "PS3" (must be in capitals without quotes)
- Inside that PS3 folder, create a new folder called "UPDATE" (must be in capitals without quotes)
- Save the file “PS3UPDAT.PUP” into the UPDATE folder on your USB storage device (this is provided by the TB team)
- Unplug the flash drive from your PC and plug into any free USB slot on your PS3
- Go to the “Settings” XMB menu, choose “System Update”
- Choose “Update via storage media”
- The USB drive will be scanned. If you get an error that no update file was found, ensure that the folder structure is correct
- Select “OK” to copy the update file to the PS3′s hard disk
- Wait for the file to be copied and the PS3 should reboot automatically (leave the USB drive plugged in during this phase)
- When the PS3 has started up again you should be presented with a screen showing the version of the system software ready to install. Press the PS button
- Wait for the “Checking for update data” to complete
- Accept the user agreement
- Press X button to confirm the installation
- The update will be installed and the PS3 should be rebooted!
- Now transfer TrueBlueUpdate-2.2.pkg file to the root of your flash drive on your pc and plug it in your ps3 console
- Open Install Package Files and install the TrueBlueUpdate-2.2.pkg file
- At this point make sure nothing is plugged in the ps3's usb ports
- Open Playstation folder and run the True Blue Updater
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the dongle update
NOTE: I always install one over the other through XMB and it works. Example install Kmeaw over TB CFW or install TB CFW over TB CFW or Kmeaw over another Kmeaw. If "update with usb drive" finds the update on the flash drive and accepts it you don't have any problem if not then you have to go through the Recovery install method.
This always works so no long process necessary unless your console does not allow updating FW over same version number through "update with usb drive" mostly a problem with early PHAT consoles. Then you would have to update through Recovery Install.
I haven't tested with Rebug CFW but that should also work except on early PHAT consoles.
Update messing up is only on rare instances when your electricity just goes off when the console is updating. These CFWs I assume are as safe as the OFWs.
Replacing eboots if you already have the backup of your game
Hope I helped someone out. Enjoy!