The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Teensy downgrade questions
Teensy downgrade questions –
I have been researching this for a while but I haven't been able to find any clear answers.
1. If I power the Teensy via USB then will it have enough power going to the NOR to flash the chip without plugging the PS3 in?
2. If I power the Teensy via the VCC on the PS3 then can I just connect the PSU and leave everything else unplugged?
3. Will the board/chip be ok (grounded-wise) if I read/write the downgrade without reassembling the PS3?
I am concerned that the wires (26 gauge I believe) will shift and snap off during reassembly so that is why I would rather flash it before reassembly.
Thanks in advance for any help people can provide.
1. Teensy doesn't have enough juice to power up the NOR and the rest of the component connected to the same VCC as NOR
2. Yes you can power up the mainboard and the fan without the blueray drive to flash the NOR (make sure that the heatsink is still in place to prevent overheating of the Cell and RSX chip when powering up the mainboard)
3. Yes as long as you connect the gnd of teensy to the ps3 gnd and made sure that the ps3 mainboard is sitting on top of a non-conductive material
I used 30AWG wrapping wire. soldered it and reassembled the EMI shielding. the shielding sandwiched the wires to the board making it firm and secure without worrying about shifting of wires
I even left my teensy inside the PS3 when all things are done. That way if I ever need reflashing again i dont have to solder anymore
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it is somewhat of a moot topic right now for me since I have probably bricked my PS3 beyond resurrection. I only got a partial good dump and the validating/patching tool (Rogero's) lead me to believe it was ok and I naively wrote the patched bin back in my haste before doing other checking. The bootldr section is obliterated so unless someone has the unencrypted bootldr (unlikely) and has the balls to ever release it then I will have a paperweight sitting around here...
Send me a link to your original NOR dump and ill double check the validation for you if you can still resurrect your PS3
Originally Posted by treyjazz