I know this is not about downgrading from 3.55 but i just want to share this cause it maybe related to the problem:
There's already a problem with the service mode downgrading/upgrading-method starting with FW 3.41!
First i downgraded from 3.41 to 3.15, then tried service mode upgrading from 3.15 to a higher firmware.
I checked my logs and i noticed that the upgrade failed right after the BD player was revoked and just before the Program Revoke List was updated and there's a problem writing the bdp revoke package, see below:
Log from all firmwares below 3.41:
Bul-ray Disc Player Revoke done(0x8002f000)
write bdp revoke package elapsed = 2262 msec
What does this mean and is it related?
Log from firmware 3.41 (failed):
Bul-ray Disc Player Revoke done(0x8002f057)
update package elapsed time = 217631 msec
Updating or Verifying failure 0x8002f057
write bdp revoke package elapsed = 1 msec
- It's impossible to do a successful service-mode upgrade (with dongle, .self file and UPDATE.PUP on USB device) from a lower firmware back to 3.41 (haven't tried to go higher then 3.41 but i guess that won't work either).
- All firmwares below 3.41 revoke at 0x8002f000.
- But firmware 3.41 (and higher?) revokes at 0x8002f057.
- There's a problem writing the bdp revoke package when upgrading to 3.41.
- You can do an official upgrade to 3.41, but because that generates no log i can not check if something goes wrong.
My theory: only when downgrading below 3.41 you will lose bluray functionality.
I would like to test an UPDATE.PUP from 3.41 or higher that revokes at 0x8002f000 or a .PUP from 3.40 or lower that revokes at 0x8002f057.
Is that possible with the now available tools?