The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Failed to de-hash? –
Followed the guide to downgrade using e3 flasher
Which all went well
Used the fsm de hash method which I did twice and both said successfully in the log as it should
Came out of fsm and I now have ylod symptom with green light amber then flashing red
Is this a brick from a failed de hash?
I have a valid backup dump
Just need some pointers on what to do next
I used the e3 nor clip for downgrade
Here is my experience on my nand ps3 as i had the same problem. I reflashed my patched dumps, triggered fsm, and downgraded with a no bd pup and was able to get into fsm and out without a problem while on the cfw. Instead of FSM dehashing I had to remarry the bad and do the qa flag route and everything went fine and no more ylod. Thank eussnl for the tip
Would that be the same with a nor phat console
REBUG's QA Tool can downgrade your console into any firmware (once you done your flasher downgrade), thus will dehash your PS3. Much safer than FSM dehashing IMHO.
This is my usual process for downgrading PS3 that is above 3.56FW
- Downgrade it using flasher
- Install REBUG QA TOOL
- Beep? That means success, console will restart. No beeps, try again.
- Go to settings then all way down to network setting (dont enter to it just point to it)
- Do the challenge "L2 + L1 + R1 + R2 + L3 + D-pad Down"
- Debug setting appeared! Enter to it and enable Update Debug
- Turn off PS3
- Enter Recovery Mode
- In your Flashdrive put official 3.55 Firmware there
- choose the Firmware Update and press Select + Start
- Wait and agree with the agreements, wait for the process to be finished. And that's it! You dehashed your PS3. You can now turn off the QA by running the REBUG QA TOOL again or leave the QA on and you can now install any CFW that you wanted.
thanks i know that now but as i have a semi brick and am using the e3 limited i need to know how to recover it
is every method a soldering method? or is there a solderless way to be able to do it
Now you just reflash your patched flash backup you started out with
Is that without soldering I just attatch the e3 clip as normal with the good backup and switch on?
As will there not be a problem with the ps3 doing the 2 beeps and turning off?
If the PS3 is powering off before it can re-flash then you will need to solder a wire from the SBE on the flasher ribbon to the Nor Tristate to keep the power on to flash.
Originally Posted by reeves1985
After you fix I would recommend de-hashing using the QA flag method instead of the double FSM.
There is a method that you can do so that you don't have to solder though..... > http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=36618