The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Attempted Downgrade - Now Can't Boot
Attempted Downgrade - Now Can't Boot –
I was on Rogero 4.30 and wanted to downgrade to 3.55 for my own reasons. I looked for tutorials online and found that by using 999 downgrader I could reflash 3.55. This is what I did:
1. Flash 999 downgrader from XMB
- Note * I did not read anything about QA flags so I did not enable/disable them.
2. I rebooted to the recovery menu and attempted to install a 3.55 CFW, I think it was the Rebug that I attempted.
3. After restart there was only a black screen. I reentered the recovery menu and tried to restore file system and restore ps3 system - both failed.
4. I took the hard drive out and formatted it to NTSF, it failed. I subsequently formatted to FAT32.
5. I tried various combinations of formatting the drive to FAT32, installing firmwares (Rogero 4.30, Rogero 3.55, Rebug 4.30, Rebug 3.55), after the preparing/initial start the system reboots to a black screen only.
6. Now I try to format the HDD to FAT32 and select any item in the recovery menu and the recovery menu freezes on the number selected.
Is there ANY possible way that I can come back from this, I do not have a hardware flasher/dongle and would prefer not to have to buy one if I do not need it. To re-emphasize - From what I read online at the time when I first started I did not know anything about having to toggle the QA flag. I did not do this.
I cannot restart to the XMB, if the system is turned on normally I only see a black screen.
tl;dr - Tried to downgrade with 999 downgrader now stuck at black screen and no recovery options seem to fix anything.
Any help is appreciated
Have you tried to re-install the orginal Rogero you we're on though recovery.......if not are you sure you recovery install attempt wasn't OFW 3.55? I've rolled back Rogero 4.30 back to OFW 3.55 on many systems. I usually use the file roger3.7.pup to roll the system back (QA toggled of course) Then out the system in factory service mode and update it to OFW that way. I don't have an FSM dongle. I've been using a PSP to toggle FSM and it works great.
Edit: The rogero3.7.pup file is a hybrid 3.55 file from what I understand