As you may know, I (facanferff) was working in a plugin called WatchTV that would allow you to stream live TV channels, I announced that development was cancelled due to legal problems but now I am very happy to release the plugin, I informed since that and obtained the information that I would not have any problem if I allow the user to use its own XMLs files with the channels. It means who doesn't have XMLs files hosted in a website (any website) will not enjoy the plugin since it doesn't bring you any channels, they are added by yourself or anyone else. All the responsabilities for using an unauthorized stream are yours, take note of that.
Note: A new version is in works it will feature many speed improvements, more stability, more customizable, release date is expected to be in 1 week.
With this talk and before you download Showtime + WatchTV + Channel9 + GameTrailers, you have to know how this system works.
1. Extract the folder called list from the archive to any place of your computer
2. Upload it to a website that you have or wait for a known person to you do it (the folder list must not be changed, the name should be this and only this)
3. Install the pkg provided in the package
4. Go to Showtime's Settings
5. Enable WatchTV plugin, enable too the option called "Check for new versions" (this searchs for new versions of the plugin each time you open WatchTV, it is a very useful option to enable) and below that option is one called "Remote website" there you enter the full name of your website till the folder list you uploaded to that website.
6. Go to WatchTV plugin and you should have three folders called:Imagine you have uploaded the full path of list folder is this:
You have to write with a keyboard in that option the following:Code:http://www.example.com/example/list/
Note: You have to include "http://" (without double quotes) for it to work otherwise you get an errorCode:http://www.example.com/example
What's do each one?All Channels
Searchs all the files of the list folder supported and shows every channel in it, as a big listGenres:
Here you can choose a genre, for example if you choose Entertainment, it will show you the channels included in the list-entertainment.xml fileThat's it, you made it and you have WatchTV working.Country:
Same thing as Genres, but it will only show to you the channels of the selected country
For Devs and people that know XML:
If you want to add your own streams to it, add the folowing lines:
Do you see what's between </description> and </channel> that's what you have to add each time you want to add a channel.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<title>WatchTV - List</title>
<title>Name of the channel</title>
<link>rtmp link, consult: http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/tutorial-get-rtmp-links-tv-streams-others-1288/</link>
<thumbnail>link for the logo of the channel</thumbnail>
<country>two letters identifying the country of the channel (e.g.: us)</country>
1. I don't want to upload the folder to a website, instead of that I have a website that uses your folder, what I have to do?
If this is your case, you may bypass steps 1 and 2, and start by installing directly the pkg, once there, in the option "Remote website" write that website as specified in step 5.
2. The genres list should have more genres, what can I do for it?
Contact me so i can add that genre.
3. The country list is incomplete it needs more countries, what can I do for it?
Contact me so i can add that country.