The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
A Couple Quick Questions
A Couple Quick Questions –
Hey, I'm new to the whole "ps3 hax" thing. I helped a little on Wii softmodding when it was popular, but haven't gotten around to the PS3 just yet. So I have a few questions.
1) Is the PS3 region-locked?
2) Does the PS3 purposely reset its IP overtime? I seem to be disconnected a lot, unless I set a specific IP for it. (just a weird thing, really)
3) Do I always need to keep a bluray disk in the drive while using the current backup managers? Does it has to be a game, or any bluray? Does it even have to be bluray? Or can it be a PS2 game or a DVD in general?
4) Can someone link me some sites or something for snooping around in the current open-source projects, so I can help out a bit? (or at least look around, haha. Yay for learning?)
1. Not really. Theres a region code in the hardware, and on game discs, but the console will take a game from any region, and the firmware is region free.
2. Nope. I have no idea why that would affect you unless your router doesn't have properly working uPNP for port forwarding. Try giving your router a firmware update.
3. Its recommended because it greatly increases game compatibility when booting with a disc in, compared to discless. If your booting with the disc method, it has to be a genuine PS3 game, though the game doesn't matter.
4. Theres one I'd love to see more people on. Its a project to port a N64 emulator to the PS3, which a ton of people have been waiting and whining for (myself obviously included). I linked to the thread below. Theres 2 people in that thread alone with experience. If they had an extra hand I'm sure something could be working quickly. I know one of the guys said he doesn't really have time to do it alone.
Neat, and thanks for the information.
Originally Posted by blazie151