4GB+ PSARC Files
I would just like to know the success rate of extracting the 4gb+ psarc files for the games below. For those who have tried extracting the 4gb psarc for the games below, does the game boot everytime and does it have any problems with it?
I will be running the backup on the latest version of Multiman on my Rogero v4.40 console
1) Uncharted 3/Uncharted 3 GOTY (pak23.psarc)
2) Uncharted 2 (pak22.psarc)
3) Mass Effect 3 (main.psarc)
1) and 2) work fine. I don't have 3) so no idea there.
Make sure to extract the archive to a folder of the same name without the .psarc extension.
So, for example, you would extract build/main/pak23.psarc to build/main/pak23/
Then you just delete pak23.psarc and copy the whole game to external.
1) Did you ever get black screen with any of the backups with extracted psarc files?
2) With uncharted 3 did your game get stuck on drakes journal? because ive read alot of threads saying that uncharted 3 screws up there
3) Did you apply the latest updates before playing?
2) This can be a problem with this game from internal and external. Back then we all had Kmeaw 3.55 and some files needed to be replaced to make it work properly iirc. I can't remember if it was Duplex's release that had some files from the dev build, or if it was the fixes that had the dev build files. Anyway, you need to get all the original files and it will work fine. I played the entire game of Uncharted 2 and 3 from external, no probs at all. But since I have the original discs I made my own rips.
3) Yep. Both Uncharted games work fine with all the latest official patches. I am on Rogero 4.30 v2.05 using multiMAN 4.40.
have you tried running killzone 2 and 3 along with god of war collection on your console with a extracted psarc file?
Originally Posted by Vallachia
I tried Killzone 3 from external drive with extracted psarc. It doesn't work. Not sure about the others.
You can always put these games on your internal and then use multiMAN to copy them to external. MultiMAN will automatically split the large files during the copy process.
Then you can remove the game from internal and leave it on external with the split files.
When you launch the game from external, multiMAN will see the split file and will reconstruct it on the internal drive. It says something like 'processing game data' and it can take 10-20 minutes.
MultiMAN puts only the large 4GB+ file into its game cache directory. Once this is done just load the game like any other.
The advantage here is that say the game in total is 40GB and has one 8GB file. Only the 8GB file gets copied to internal hdd, taking 8GB of internal space. The other 32GB of the game stays on external drive.
When you finish the game or don't want to play it again, go into multiMAN and clear the game cache files. That removes the 8GB file from internal.
1) Lol the thing is i only have a 120gb hdd on my ps3 along with 60+ backups of popular games on my hdd. If i install all the game data from these 60+ games along with updates and dlc i will have a very low amount of storage space left. Which is the reason why i dont want to copy games to internal
Originally Posted by Vallachia
2) What was the problem that you got when you extracted the psarc for killzone 3?
Yeah my 250GB internal needs to be cleaned out from time to time. I usually end up deleting the game data for old games that I probably won't play again.
The problem I had with Killzone 3 is that you can extract the psarc file, but the game would not load correctly after that. I think it kept black screening. Was a while ago but yeah it fails in a pretty obvious way, don't even think you could get to the main menu or start playing.
I think you might just have to make room for that one on internal and delete it when you are done =D