The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Tutorial: How to install Waninkoko's CFW on 16 MB nands
Tutorial: How to install Waninkoko's CFW on 16 MB nands –
Ok, Tutorial on how to get your Waninkoko's CFW running. Brought to you by #psgroove on efnet (tg3z O_o)
Thanks for all the testers who verified this worked, if it wasn't for your bricks we wouldnt be here.
First you need:
1. OFW 3.55 PUP - Official 3.55 Firmware
2. Geo's PUP - http://www.geohot.com/jailbreak.zip
3. Waninkoko's PrePatched PUP - http://www.multiupload.com/L8P4PLQI2Y
4. Install Packages - http://psgroove.com/content.php?633-3.55-Compatible-Homebrew-Downloads
Lets start installing this biatch:
1. Install OFW 3.55..... (System Menu> Storage (If that doesn't work, try recovery menu)
2. Install CFW Geo's (System Menu> Storage (If that doesn't work, try recovery menu, It will peep and shut down, its normal)
3. Install Homebrew Packages: Multiman, Blackb0x, Comgenie (Make sure they work)
4. Install OFW 3.55 Again (System Menu> Storage)
5. Install CFW Waninkoko's (System Menu> Storage | Test Homebrew again)
All Packages should work and install. All games run just like they did before with 3.41.
We decided to install Packages on Geo's CFW to test it out, because some users we're reporting PKGS
not installing on Waninkoko's.
We recommend: OFW > GEO > INSTALL PACKAGES > OFW > WANINKOKO **CONFIRMED**
But This should work also: OFW > GEO > OFW > WANINKOKO > INSTALL PACKAGES
Personally, i have tested GT5, BLACK OPS, Burnout Paradise, NBA 2k11. All have updated online and work flawlessly. As of 1/17/2010
Update 1: Do you keep getting black screens? Maybe you have a permissions error,
RUN THIS: http://www.mediafire.com/?cyi363utdttieux
Update 2: Over 50 16 mb nands tested. Working perfectly.
OK i did this, installed wanikoko's Fw but i dont see the package installer folder anymore (the snes emu and ftp server that i previously installed still there and work normally)
Do i have to go back to Geo'sin order to install Rogero or Multiman ?
If you correctly flashed to waninkoko you should see Install Packages. OFW > GEO > INSTALL PACKAGES > OFW > WANINKOKO ?
Originally Posted by juacito
lol they downloaded a beta but never knew they would be the testers XD im dam lucky i sent back the used Big one for a new slim
Originally Posted by tg3
But just wondering, What does the fix permission package do? Well i understand it fixes permissions but how & Why or what permissions exactly o.O
I have two questions
Can we copy games and run them normally through multi man?
How can I know that I have 16 mb nands??
Do not install Waninkokos CFw, install the latest one on front page. This has high risk of bricking your console.
Don't Feed the Trolls.
Even though i agree with daman, this tutorial was written be4 Kmae's was release,
Originally Posted by damanptyltd
HOWEVER, i completely back this tutorial up. Waninkoko has not bricked any of my friends ps3's nor the other 50 slims ive tested. If yours is a 16 mb nand, do it.
Did you hold shift the whole time? or let the board take care of that
Originally Posted by lalokera562