The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Tutorial: How to Downgrade your PS3 with E3 Card Reader
Tutorial: How to Downgrade your PS3 with E3 Card Reader –
First read this post and download the required files. Updating E3 Card Reader with the downgrade software is extremely simple: Connect the device to your PC and drag-n-drop the “e3downgrade 12.03.bin” file to the “E3Upgrader” drive. That’s it — your device has been updated. Safely eject E3 Card Reader and now lets perform the actual downgrade.
This method is almost identical to PS Downgrade. Also, I suggest you backup your saved games — they’ll be long gone after the downgrade. I made that mistake once.
1. Insert E3 Card Reader that has been programmed with the downgrade software into your PS3.
2. Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject. Your console will turn on and E3 Card Reader will light up the red LED followed by the blue LED.
3. Turn off system via menu.
4. Remove E3 Card Reader dongle and turn on console to make sure you are in Factory/Service Mode. You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory/Service Mode. Turn the PS3 off again.
5. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive with 2 files in the root directory:
1. Modified 3.41 PUP
2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)
6. These must be the only files on the USB drive and must be placed in the main (root) directory.
7. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see a black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.
8. The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
9. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory/Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to “System Information”. Turn the PS3 off.
10. (Optional) – If you wish to downgrade to any older firmware you can follow steps 4, 5, 6 using any regular firmware PUP. (You do not need to use modified custom firmware now that you are on 3.41).
11. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.
12. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.
13. Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of Factory/Service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed. You will need to go through and configure everything again — PS3 video, audio etc…
Once you’re done you can restore E3 Card Reader with the dual-booting Hermes v4b and PL3 software. Download that right here (copy the bin to E3Upgrader again). Now it’s all homebrew to your heart’s content.
The King of Fighters