Now 're-marry' Blu-Ray drives from different consoles!
This came in some time back at EOL, the spanish ps3-hacking site.
As you all are aware that till now, attaching a different blu-ray drive to a PS3 was not possible due to the fact that the drive's controller board and the PS3's motherboard were 'married' to each from factory itself, so even when replacing an old drive, you could not possibly swap the drive's controller board - only the lens and discspin mechanism.
Till now, that is!
A new team calling themselves Mega hiper ultra fantastico Team and they have released details on how to use the following files to 're-marry' a BD drive!
Originally Posted by Mark Webber @ psx-scene.com:
Download Here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XXVD4YK6
Gentlemen finally we can remarry BD boards to different consoles!
* The file was just posted over at DemonHades by one of the members (max1985)
* Put these onto a blank usb stick (not the devusb folder, just it's contents) & add a 2.30 PUP FILE!
* Put in the servive mode dongle and get into factory service mode.
* Put the newly created USB stick into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
* After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
* Put a BD disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)
* The you can take it out of factory service mode.
* Launch as normal.
I have not done extensive testing yet, but have just remarried a BD board from a 60gig launch to a 40gig console.
-- Lv2diag.self MD5 C48E5EBFC00ABD89094CB73A2B0BEA59
-- manufacturing_updater_for_reset MD5 90168C03B217CE775A7839D87BBFF2A3
-- fdm_spu_module.self MD5 9BDE16660221042A4440ED2C053A139E
cfg (folder) -> standalone.cfg standalone.cfg