The Unmapped Forest v0.1 [WIP] –
PS2-Developer SP193 released 'PS2ESDL'/'Playstation 2 External Storage Device Loader' 0.820 and shortly there-after version 0.821, which fixed a listing-bug. PS2ESDL is another 'Game-loader' for loading PS2-games from external devices, such as USB and FireWire/iLink.
This release-build features something cool&new, which I consider as a really BIG IMPROVEMENT:
-FireWire-Support! You can load your games from a FireWire-HDD now.
-Plugin-Support (the game-loader normaly only supports USB, but it could be extended by 'plugins'. The firewire-support is the first plugin availabe for it.)
-New kind of skinning-support
Brief list of changes since v0.810:
- Skinning support.
- Improved skinning support over the skinning support in v0.816.
- Performance has improved by approximately 10%
- Plugin support.
- iLink/Firewire/IEEE1394 support (As plugin)
- ISO9660 disc image (.ISO file) support
- Exit function (Hold R1+SELECT to exit to the OSDSYS)
- Some bugs were fixed.
- sceCdSync() now supports mode 17 again (A handful of games need this).
- New patch file released to support Rugby League 2 and Iron Man.
- Graphics corruption should no longer be visible when using the PAL video mode.
- Game title sorting option added.
- PS2ESDL game format v1.22 support.
Unfortunately, the compatibility of the iLink-Drivers isn't really high to FireWire-Cases. But fortunately, he also released the source of those drivers. So if there's anyone outside, which reads this and might be able to help him (be it with tests, or coding), just do it!
only the Oxford 934 chipset has been confirmed to be compatible
PS2ESDL is currently the only Homebrew-application on PS2, which supports FireWire and it is now also OPEN SOURCE, like 'Open PS2 Loader'/OPL.
Here's the release-post, including additional info: --> http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/play...tml#post841723
Here's the official discussion-thread: --> http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/play...ps2esdl-63375/
PS2ESDL v0.821 OB: PS2ESDL_0821_OB.7z
PS2ESDL v0.821 OB (Source code): PS2ESDL_backup_files.7z
IEEE1394/Firewire/iLink plugin/extension for v0.820/v0.821: iLink_extension_097C.7z
PS2DCDMP v0.99 + Upgrader (v1.20 to v1.22) + FixCRC utility: PS2DCDMP_099+Upgrader.7z
The news is a bit of late but here it is,...
Spread the news!
Thanks to PSX-SCENE moderator TnA for the news submission!
Last edited by TnA; 08-04-2011 at 12:16 PM.
PS2 V7/DMS3 V2 (FW:2.4b7); Seagate Baracuda 200GB
PS2 V7/CC1.0 (FW:34 hacked v2 BM:2.1.6); Maxtor DiamondMAX9 PLUS 160GB
PS2 SCPH-30004R; NoMod+NoLaser
3xSony MC 8MB
MAX/Datel 16MB with Boot-CD
Custom FMCB 1.8b+ Beta-Build, my AIO 0.5, Sony&xRhino-Linux