The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
*POSSIBLE* 3.56 Dowgrade *THEORY*
*POSSIBLE* 3.56 Dowgrade *THEORY* –
This is a theoretical 3.56 downgrade method I saw on ChrisTechTV forums. Would this work? Can I use my PSP as the Downgrade device with PS3Jig? Please Help!
1. Download this (http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/256) (modified PUP + Lv2diag files)
2. Get your Factory/Service Mode (downgrade) device ready
3. Get your USB storage device ready (FAT32 formatted)
4. Power down your PS3 console (toggle power switch on rear or unplug from wall)
5. Copy FILE1/Lv2diag.self (from Lv2diag_355.zip) to the root of your USB storage device
6. Copy PS3UPDAT.PUP (from Downgrade_355.rar) to the root of your USB storage device
7. Insert your downgrade device into the PS3 USB port nearest the Blu-ray drive
8. Reconnect the main PS3 power source and turn on your PS3
9. Your PS3 should boot into Factory/Service Mode
10. If you decide not to proceed and cancel the downgrade, get out of Factory/Service Mode by using FILE2/Lv2diag.self — Copy that to your USB storage device, overwriting the other, and power on your PS3 with it connected. Otherwise proceed to the next step
11. Power down the PS3 using the controller
12. Remove your downgrade device and insert your USB storage device
13. Power on your PS3 and the downgrade should start
14. Your PS3 will automatically turn off upon success
15. Restart your PS3 and you should be back in Factory/Service Mode
It won't work. You can only downgrade from 3.55. You can still get into factory/service using your psp but you won't be able to get out and that will be a much worse situation.
Thanks Alot Man, I read on a couple other places that you can brick your PS3, put the 3.55 UPDAT.PUP and lv2diag.self on the root of your PS3 and it will downgrade to whatever firmware you put (in my case 3.55) can anyone confirm having done this and it works? I tried it but my PS3 CECHL01 won't brick :P I pull the plug while it's installing and I just keeps going back and installs, I did beep a few times, turned off and then when I turned it on it installed
these are all fake threads that say that there just trolling idiots