The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Vice (Versatile Commodore Emulator) supporting C64, VIC20, +4
Vice (Versatile Commodore Emulator) supporting C64, VIC20, +4 –
Vice (Versatile Commodore Emulator) for PS3 release 1.0
Currently supporting the C64, PLUS4 and C16.
C128 support in the next release.
Please note, this is not related to the forthcoming release by AreaScout. But a bit of competition never hurt anyone ;-)
Source code to be made available pending some serious cleanup and refactoring.
Build 1.0 (20-11-2010):
- Initial Release, based on Vice 2.2.7
* Full-speed emulation
* Audio enabled (FastSID)
* Fullscreen support, 16:9, 4:3
* Video filters, with preview
* Warp Mode (Achieves ~ 350-700% actual speed)
* On-Screen Keyboard (partial support).
* Keyboard Support (partially implemented).
* Supports all known (uncompressed) formats (.d64 .d71 .d80 .d81 .d82 .g64 .g41 .x64 .t64 .tap .prg .p00)
Thanks go out to Squarepusher, Shinhalsafar, Cm0nkey, Airmaker for their hard work on the Snes9x PS3 port, and their cellFramework library. This work also incorporates their menu system and config UI. Also to the original VICE team for creating a solid and well maintained codebase to work with.
CROSS - Launches the emulator with the selected title set to fast autoload
TRIANGLE - Launches the emulator directly into C64 BASIC
SELECT - Settings / Configuration
START - Returns to the emulator
CROSS - Fire
D-PAD - Joystick
SELECT - Swap joysticks
START - Menu/Configuration
TRIANGLE - Mapped to keyboard for 'Y'
CIRCLE - Mapped to keyboard for 'N' - Doubly mapped to 'UP' (See note 1)
SQUARE - Mapped to keyboard for <space>
L1 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F1'
L2 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F3'
R1 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F5'
R2 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F7'
R3 - On-Screen-Keyboard (partially supported)
L2 + R2 - Warp Mode
*1 The CIRCLE button has been doubly mapped to the joystick 'UP' direction. This is useful for platform style games where the UP direction indicates a JUMP action. Clearly a difference in design aesthetics between joysticks and control pads, this might be more desirable.
- Compressed formats currently NOT supported (.zip .bz2 .gz .d6z .d7z .d8z .g6z .g4z .x6z)
- On-Screen-Keyboard is not fully mapped yet. Some keys will register incorrectly, if at all.
- Actual Keyboard support not fully implemented, but good enough for the minute.
- Does not save settings / configuration
1st post, so hi psgroovers!
i tried out the c64 emu some minutes ago and i enjoy it very much!
unfortuneatly there is no on screen keyboard or iḿ just dumb. if you get it to work, plz tell me.
most games can not be run because of the intros/cracktros/trainers. thats because you have to press buttons that are not mapped on the ps3 controller like runstop etc.
i wanted to play the great (and famous) giana sisters because i love that game, i used to play it a lot on my c64 when i was a kid.
for those who want to play giana too, grab this release, almost all other cracked disk images wont work because the keys to skip intro or trainer are not mapped to the ps3 controller. this one works fine, just play around with triangle,x etc...
i played that game on many platforms but until now, i enjoy it most on ps3 fullscreen with ps3 controller.
well, there ist still some work to do on the emulator but its in a very usable state...
greetings from germany...
Vice 1.0.2 Release –
- Support for C128
- On-Screen Keyboard fixed
- Initial support for ReSID emulation (higher quality audio)
- ReSID emulation optimised to use AltiVec instruction set, yielding a significant performance boost against higher quality audio emulation in resampling mode (see changelog)
- Default ReSID quality now set to maximum (Resampling at 90% Band Pass)
- Fixed minor redraw bug that caused the screen buffer to flip back to settings screen after a redraw/blit timeout
- Added PIC1.PNG
- Support to insert a disk image without rebooting (TRIANGLE)
- Added compatibility SlowLoad mode (SQUARE)
This will disable FastLoad and enable True Drive Emulation (TDE) for those titles that require it for improved compatibility
- Mapped RUN/STOP key to L3
- Mapped right control-stick to cursor keys (up/down/left/right)
- Fixed F1/F3/F5/F7 key mapping to controller L1/L2/R1/R2
- Finally... Disabling audio emulation altogether during warp mode has increased CPU throughput to 1749%
That ought to help any long load times.
- Optimised audio buffer sizes
As I remember it, the C64 was huge in germany. And the demo scene was something else, no?
Originally Posted by nomeD
See how you go with the intro/trainer menus now..
Let me know if there is any specific key combo that isn't already covered by the controller mapping / OSK in 1.0.2
Vice C64 1.0.3 + Source Released
Vice C64 1.0.3 + Source Released –
- Configuration / Settings can now be saved
- Menu based configuration now supports some of the more common VICE settings
- Added mouse support
- Physical keyboard support improved (still some minor bugs). Added positional/symbolic key layout modes
- Added ZIP and GZIP support
- Added HUD options for framerate/speed display
- Added HUD options for Disk/Tape activity
- Added multiple disk drive support
Disk images can be inserted using TRIANGLE + L1/L2/R1/R2 for drives 8, 9, 10, 11 respectively.
- ReSID-FP support has been added, providing significantly better audio emulation.
Turn up the speakers on this, it's a world of difference.
- Support for various SID models have been added as part of ReSID-FP
- Maximum resampling under ReSID-FP is now default, using the original 6581R4 model SID.
- Fixed a bug when using compatibility mode. Occasionally TDE was not enabled correctly.
Due to filesize upload limitations, source code is available at
Desperate to try this, but I'm on GeoHot's 3.55 CFW and so I need the PKG to be signed. I did this using FamousMassacre's GUI, and VICE installs on the PS3 OK but gives an error 80029519 on running.
Can anyone suggest anything please?
I'm getting this error as well on Kmeaw 3.55FW, have tried to reinstall and redownload the package but no luck.
Can anyone shed any light on what the issue is?
Originally Posted by grim_fandango
Why are you going through all this hassle when you can just directly install the damn pkg file on kmeaw/waninkoko cfw without any of this shit
My thoughts exactly!
Originally Posted by perspex
I am installing straight from the pkg file but still getting the error, also get this for a few other emulators although everything else has been fine.
Originally Posted by perspex