Canīt install any OFW/CFW - Corrupted data (8002F997)
My case is:
1. I have indeed downgraded to 3.41, but iīve installed some other cfws since then and it always worked alright.
2. Somewhere around jan/2011 iīve traded my 3.41 cfw for 3.55 waninkoko v2. Iīve tried a few others after that, like rebug and stuff, but it did not work on my Fat PS3. Rebug actually bricked my system and I had to put on koko v2 through recovery mode to get it to work again. That was the last time I tried anything different, been using koko v2 ever since.
3. Now, almost 20 months later, iīve bought a true blue dongle and tried to install TB Firmware, but I get error 8002F997 (Corrupted Data), when its around 70% of installing. From the recovery menu it doesnīt even start, just says corrupted data.
4. Tried installing 3.41 OFW, 3.55 OFW, just wonīt work. The only one I could install is geohot 3.55, but it doesnīt make a difference for me, the system stays all the same (maybe because I use koko v2 over geohot, they seemed compatible or something at the time).
5. I canīt try installing any other CFW even for testing, because iīm afraid they might brick my PS3, as I donīt know any CFW that can run for sure on Fat PS3 and not brickin for sure.
Note: Waninkoko v2 is like a masked 3.41 firmware. I donīt know for sure how it works, but my system is usucally compatible with 3.41 homebrew, instead of 3.55/signed. My system informations shows 3.55 tho, even if I install geohot, it doesnīt say 3.55-jb, but only 3.55.
Note 2: I saw this post as well, but no solution: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f205/ps3...w-help-100022/
Iīm really pissed off, just bought a true blue dongle, after 20 months waiting for a cfw that runs 3.60+.
For what iīve seen (google) some ppl that have downgraded to 3.41 canīt install any other firmwares and get corrupted data, but I did install many others after downgrading.
Iīve seen a case where someone says his HDD was read-only and he solved the issue by allowing write, but i canīt figure how I do this. Other than that, all cases iīve seen didnīt find a solution, but didnīt see any new posts, theyīre all pretty old.
It seems my problem was installing rebug and coming back to koko v2. But iīve no idea how to fix it now.
Help, please. Buying ps3, dongles and stuff donīt come cheap for me and I really would expect to use my system to its best, as I live in a lame country, instead of USA (thatīs why the bad english).