Thanks for mentioning the alcohol and cotton buds.
Originally Posted by Rigg023
You can also add a credit card (or some other form of small, thin, rigid plastic) and a can of compressed air.
You can use the plastic to scrape the majority of the thermal paste off before hitting it with the alcohol.
Lots of computer parts and battery packs come in the thin, clear plastic "containers" than can easily be cut into a little "blade" for that use.
I prefer a lint free cloth (micro-fiber towel) over the cotton buds or cotton balls. They can be had cheap enough to use a few times and then just throw away. That is just my personal preference though, as cotton buds (I'm assuming you are talking about something like "Q-Tips") and cotton balls will do the same job.
That is a strong possibility. It could depend on how dusty of an environment you are in.
Originally Posted by DominatorAzab
When I had Great Danes for pets........damn, they brought in a lot of dust!
You didn't really notice it until you would pull the cover off the computer and see how bad it was.
I ALWAYS kept canned air available.
I haven't had the Danes in 3 years and have only had to open up the computer (for cleaning purposes) once a year.
With the Danes around, it was once a month.
If it is packed up with dust, that could definitely help with causing some overheat issues.
I would much rather go to my grave not needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.