3.41 Dongle > 3.55 Kmeaw Q's
I have been running 3.41 with dongle for some time now and when I tried to watch a UK bluray "The Social Network" it prompted me that I need to upgrade to 3.50FW in order to watch the movie. (Never seen that before, is this going to be another way Sony get us to update?!).
So I guess I need to move out of the dark ages....
I have read the forums and I am comfortable in the process I need to do in order to update to 3.55 Kmeaw (I take it this is still the preferred route?)
I have a few Q's which I am struggling to find answers to...
1. Do I need to back anything up on my PS3 now via FTP? The reason I ask is, when the first CFW's came out there was an issue with loosing Bluray playback and it was recommended to backup an area of the system files? Is this still a concern or was this just with the first ones? BR playback is very important to me so I don't want to mess that up!
2. I have a UK Launch PS3 which I assume has a 256 NAND? Are there any issues I need to worry about?
3. I assume that I don't need to run a separate PKG file to start the hack once Kmeaw is installed as Multiman has it built in now? (Latest Version).
4. I have read about DBEMU, do I also need this? I read its a BD emulator and allow all features of Multiman, but is not necessary to just play backups with a disk in the drive?
5. Does DBEMU allow 100% diskless if this is indeed its function?
Thanks in advance for your help!