V9 DVD parental code??
I never had one newer than ver 7-8, for some reason this version 9 won't allow me to access (delete) the damn parental code. It has'nt refused to play anything, yet, but i usually always delete the former owners code when i get ahold of a used console, this one wont let me. Anybody have any ideas?
1. Insert a DVD and start ps2.
2. After the DVD starts playing press SELECT
3. Find CUSTOM and then PARENTAL and press START.
4. Press SELECT and select DELETE PASSWORD.
5. Insert the code 7444 and at the final 4 press SELECT at the same time.
That will remove the password!
I know the drill, I've done this a hundred times, but something is wron with this on, "parental control" won't even highlight, I can't select it at all.
I've never seen one do this. I know these came with some kind of remote, that I don't have. Is that it?
this may be a little drastic but take apart the ps2 and pull out the battery for a few hours. that should erase the parental code (and everything else).