The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
SPU lens in a Slimline, replace it or not ? Read also my story.
SPU lens in a Slimline, replace it or not ? Read also my story. –
In the first place, I did not know that the SPU lenses were bad quality lenses. I thought they could be compared with the HD7 lenses in V5-V11 when it came to quality.
All the modchipped (Matrix Infinities mostly) pstwo's with a SPU lens, returned after approximately 1 month, not reading DVD's, but still reading CD's.
I decided to replace then all with lenschanger by a Sony PVR lens.
This take about 10-15 minutes, and also costed about 15 dollars for the new PVR lens.
I also have red that many people increase the pot of the DVD laser diode. People used the following ways:
1) Move the screw counter clockwise for 1 mm.
2) Increase the pot resistence to just above 1200 Ohm
3) Increase the pot resistence with 10 %
1) Replaced the SPU lens by PVR ones
2) Then, because I was out of stock of the PVR lenses, I increased the DVD laser diode pot of a SPU lens with 10 %.
If it is then still below the 1200 Ohm, I increase the resistence value just above 1200 Ohm.
But, what do you do ?
And what are you experiences after a long period (> 2-3 monhts) with your solution ?