The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
A slightly general question
A slightly general question –
Hi, I'm pretty new to the whole PS2 mod scene so excuse me for the newbish question. I"M looking for a reliable and simple way to play "back-ups" on my newly purchased slim PS2. Really thats all I want out of the mod, however if there are some perks to a more complicated mod, I'm completely open to suggestions. I also have a list of quick questions to compliment my newbness:
1. Are games simply backed-up using nero or is there a way to ftp and create an iso?
2. Are there dashboards for the ps2 or is ithere just an OS for the chip, if any at all?
3. What retailer do you recommend?
4. If I need a bios or other related software, what website/IRC channel should I use to aquire them?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
1. You can play backups off a disk, and put them on a harddrive (but not on slims for obvious reasons).
2. The chip has its own firmare, and thats it.
3. Where are you...?
4. It's not like #xbins, everything is legal so you can get them from the official site.
A Matrix Infinity chip would be allright for you
Will playing back ups from a disc seriously shorten the length of my system though? It seemes like it's the case with the v12. Also, I livein the U.S.
Also I was wondering if anyone has used the ghost switch and or the swap magic discs. Do they work? Are they worth purchase?
There are several games that do not work correctly (or works only when it's patched) with Swap magic. I do not recommend them. For retailers, visit the buy/sell/vendors section. Yes the PsTwo has its own problems, that can be fixed to get some extra protection. It does not really matter what you use (modchip or swapmagic) to play backups, the laser is stressed more than with originals, and your warranty is gone. When you use quality media then the laser will probably be ok for 1-2 years.
Originally Posted by Leetirl