Siren 2 NTSC Conversion?
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, as I believe the hacking/conversion section is for cheat codes.
Anyway, if you're reading this I'm sure you're aware that the game was never released in NTSC-U format, the NTSC-J format has no English audio or subs, and the PAL release freezes on cutscenes when patched to NTSC.
IS it at all possible to take the NTSC-J cutscenes and stick them in the PAL version, patch it to NTSC, and end up with a working NTSC-U version? Or even better yet, to do a reverse Undub to the NTSC-J version to include English subs and menus?
Lots of people never got to play this game, and with Siren: Blood Curse arriving soon on the PS3... it would be great to be able to play the previous installment.
I'm not sure, if it only lags, because of the V-Format, of FMVs.
But this should be possible, if that's the case. Why not?
Also maybe the patcher recognizes wrong patch-locations.
Used Apache3 to extract the iso, but now how do I extract the PS2 .rom files that contain the movies?
Edit: I meant the ROM.001, ROM.002, etc. files.
Edit2: I figured that part out so here's the steps I took, but now I just get a bsod upon booting the dvd.
1. Apache3 to extract both layers from the DVD9
1. Gnies eXpert Tool w/ PS2_Forbidden_Siren 2_SPK_ROM_V2 plugin to extract the ROM.XXX files
2. PSS Plex to get the m2v/wav files
3. Converted the m2v files from PAL to NTSC
4. PSS Plex to multiplex m2v/wav back to PSS files
5. Replaced PAL PSS files with NTSC PSS files
5. Gnies eXpert Tool w/ PS2_Forbidden_Siren 2_SPK_ROM_V2 plugin to rebuild the ROM.XXX files
6. CDVDGEN to create iml with file order listed in Apache (1st layer, then 2nd layer)
7. IML2ISO to convert iml to iso (evidentally, lol)
8. Patched PAL iso to NTSC w/Y-Fix
9. Burned iso & booted to bsod.
I also tried loading the iso in Pcsx2 without doing step 8, but still received the bsod.
What did I do wrong here, what am I missing? Maybe it would be easier if I got a hold of the NTSC-J version and just subbed the cut-scenes and stuck them in the PAL version, THEN patched to NTSC? Or converted them to PAL after subbing, then stuck them back in and patched to NTSC?
I dunno, I'm lost in the process and can't seem to find the NTSC-J version anyway. Anyone wanna help me out here? Or attempt this PAL conversion on their own?
Nearly 3 years and I'm still unable to play a working version on my NTSC PS2 and television.
You can try to play the PAL-Version through 'GSModeselector'.
Tried that. Still freezes on cut-scenes.
Originally Posted by TnA