The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Rhis Old Man has Questions?
Rhis Old Man has Questions? –
First let me please introduce myself... Name is Dave (cough) crossthread....
I have 3 teenage daughters that are into gaming.... Console/Computer......
Of course Daddy (me) is into gaming badley I'm sorry to say,,,
I game on the PC because I've only got one arm, and the other is amputated... OK??
But to the point of my introduction and the point of this post I have many questions, (yes I've been reading searching for hours), and I'm coming too the conclusion that I'm More confused NOW than before I started on my current mission for my daughters.
By reading on different boards, as I've been on many, (computer build/hardware boards), I know from reading various sites everyone has a opinion on what works and what is the best for whatever app. .
Seems this is maybe the best stright forward site that I've come across in searching for good information......
Wheew! Enough of that...
OK let me get started........ So please bear with this old fart in inquiring about these subjects, and please provide info and a link when possible....
If a question concens legality please feel free to send me a personal E~mail....Answering my question.
My daughters have a PS 2 no "mods" just like one bought out of Wally world.... (I live on the eastern us NC to be exact as I've read something about "regions" or something concerning the PS 2)....
1. what are "MOD" chips, and what is/are thier purpose???? What are they for? and why would I need one for my daughters PS 2?
2. Whats this I hear about "HDD" or If I'm correct "hard drives?" and thier purpose concerning the PS 2?
3. Boot CD's <-- self~explantory,, Use? Why? where is get?
4. backing up games,, "HOW" is it legal? I ask this because my daughters don't "care" for the CD's and they get, well I'm sure ya know....
I just ordered for MY computer, a CD/CDR,, DVD Dual layer, this model here----> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...152-035&depa=1
Is this "OK" for backing up and burning my daughters games?????
Plenty of speed and space on ,my comp, (Windows XP Pro
) a AMD 3200 XP cpu
512 dual channel PC 3200 ddr ram
ASUS A7N8X delux mobo
9800 Pro video card..
5. Are there ways to "convert" my PC games to play on a PS 2? And vice versa?
Are there places to get "downloadable" DEMOS (Or sites) on a pc/(internet) that can be burned using the DVD burner and play on the PS 2?
I have broad band NP there....
Place too get (cough, cough) "used" downloadable playable games off the net? (E me if this is considered priacy<sp>)......
And what other suggestions that may be offered please kindly post them...
And the correct Programs that I may need,,
I know DVD encrypter is one?
Thanks everyone for bearing with me
well you cam to the right place to answer your question,
1. mod-chips are electronic devices that are soldered or plugged into your ps2. these little devices transmit a code to the ps2 to sort of say "fool" it into beleiving that the backup (game) is the original.
2. hdd is as you thought hard drive if you have any ps2 other than the new slim line the hdd is availible for you. the hdd is place into the exspansion bay part of your ps2 along with a network adapter to connect it. with this and a hdloader software you are able to download game on the hdd and play it straight from their.
3. boot cds are also as you think you can find them on any online site. they are called action replay or even gameshark. but to many other things are needed to make this play backups. check out here
4.its legal as you own the original copy only then are you legally able to make a copy of the game.
5. no you can not convert your pc into ps2 games but their are emulatores you can download to get ps2 based games to play on your pc. but you have to do a search for that. use google. and dvddecrypter and nero is fine to to use.