PS2 Modchip Questions
I have four questions.
1) My PS2 has a Magic chip. But I also have a spare Neo 2.5 DVD-Key. Can I install them both?
2) I have come across games that have either DVD GAME 2 or DvdGame 2 written on their cover. What are these games? Maybe DVD9 format?
3) My system will not play the above mentioned games. What should I do?
4) Can you make a copy of a backup DVD to say CD format?
i think the magic chip should play all backups????
its default pss2 games single tap reset
thendvd or ps1 from standby(red)
hold reset till blue light comes on?
1) Why would you want to install them both??
2+3) can you give an example of a DVDGAME2?? whereabouts does it say this on the cover?
I assume you are talking about commerical games, in which case your PS2 should play them - or you have a faulty modchip installation.
4) Yes, you can, there are tutorials out there, but it requires copying all the files to your pc, creating dummy files instead of files you don't need (that you want to rip out, like FMVs, extra languages..etc) and then using CDDVDGEN (or i think CDGENPS2 would do) to recompile an image, making sure the LBA positioning is correct. It may work without LBAing everything, but with them, it runs a lot smoother ;)
1) I want to install them both because there are some games the Neo would play that the magic cannot play and vice versa.
2+3) The DVDs that have DvdGame 2 written on them are backups.
the game "Shadow Hearts" has on its cover written
Shadow Hearts DvdGame 2
and the DVD is somewhat golden colored.
And on the front of the DVD, at the bottom part of the sticker, again it is written DvdGame 2.
My system is :
SCPH -30002 R PAL Ver. 4
I got it already moded from Singapore.
I can play all original games (I have FFX, DMC, GTA3, MGS2).
I can play 20 out of my 30 backup games.
eg, Dark Cloud 2, Grandia 2, TR:AOD, Manhunt, POP:SOT, DMC 2, etc.
I can play 18 out of my 19 backup PSX games.
eg, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, Castlevenia:SOTN, etc.
The games having DvdGame 2 on them and I am having problem with are :
The Mark of Kri
The Champions of Norrath
4) Thanks for the information but it seems to be a lot of hassel so I'll refrain from it.
I can't think of any circumstance where a crappy neo key would be better than a Magic chip.
I think you need to reburn the games that aint working to a good media like verbatim etc and i am sure it would work for you......
same Problem Here
I have the same problem as you binodbdrchand. I have the getaway game (commercial copy) that have Dvd Game 2 written on it and it is not working!!!!. My PS 2 is V9 but i do not know the mod chip type because i bought it pre modded. all i know is that to play ps2 game i load it normally (power up from stand by and insert the dvd), and to play ps1 i hold the reset (from stand by)untill the blue light comes on. i tried to load the getaway dvd from the browser menu (which identfies the dvd as ps2 disc) but it did not work. so is there any solution or is it a mod chip problem???
I guess you too have a magic modchip Toomy. I have no idea why it won't boot these games. I have tried a lot of forums but came up with no solutions. So, I'm just going to get my modchip changed to Messiah 2.
I think a found a reason.....
i went back to the shop where i bought the getaway dvd and replaced the copy with another one which does not have a dvd game 2 print on it....for my surprise, it worked perfectly!!!!
my best guess then that it was a media quality problem (or is it???). i think this commercial copy uses bad quality media..
one more thing....i tried to turn off my chip but i could not...i do as instructions say (i hold down the reset button until the logo and music starts) but as soon as it starts, my ps2 goes back to standby mode!!. how the heck should i turn off my chip??
thanx for help
thanks for the insight. I was guessing that it was due to bad media but I've got 18 games with DvdGame 2 on them and none of them work!!! As for turning off the chip, leave the reset button as soon as you see the logo.