The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Please help a console newbie.
Please help a console newbie. –
was searching topics about PS2, but was not able to find the info I need.
Please help me
1. Is there any diff. b/w PS2 sold in US and Europe?
I want to buy a PS2 in US, as a gift for my younger cousin who lives in Russia (PS 2 over there is like $250-280 )
2. I know that when PS2 came out originally, they were quite thick, and now I see a slimmed down version of it in stores. So, I guess it is the "second" gen of PS2 then? Are they more reliable than the "first" PS2's ?
3. Do they have a built-in adaptor for 220v ? (US uses 110, europe 220) ?
4. Will games bought in Europe work with PS2 bought in US and can I watch PAL DVD's on PS2 bought in US ?
Thank you very much for any help.
1) The differences are as you'd expect - TV and power.
2) It's arguable whether they are more reliable or not. But you can't get a new 'fat' PS2, so unless you're buying used the point is rather moot.
3) I have only had fat PS2s and they do not have a power switch. I doubt the slims do either.
4) The US PS2 will only play NTSC US games unless it is modded. And it will not be able to play PAL movies at all.
In short, unless you have a power stepper and a signal converter lying around it's probably not worth importing a PS2, especially if this is for a kid.
Thanks a lot, Perseid :beer;