For those of you that may or may not know, the PlayStation Underground is a bullshit newsletter from Sony that kinda sorta gets sent out every week. Anyways, they sent me an automated e-mail saying that 'You have been selected to take part in a survey!' entitled "PlayStation 2 DVD Survey". Read on, these are the questions they ask (with Very Important, Sometimes, Nice to have, you know. The usual 5 part multiple answer thing that you'd see on a Scantron test...):
1. When you purchased your PlayStation 2, how important was it to you that the PlayStation 2 had DVD capability?
2. How important is it to you today that the PlayStation 2 has DVD capability?
3. Have you ever used your PlayStation 2 to play DVD movies?
4. How long after you bought your PlayStation 2 did you play your first DVD?
5. How often do you play DVDs on your PlayStation 2?
6. Was your PlayStation 2 the first DVD player you had in your house?
Here is the last question with the answer selections afterwards:
7. Is your PlayStation 2 the: Primary DVD Player - Secondary - One Of Many
You know what this survey means to me? They're undecided on whether to include DVD playback in the PS3. They're using this survey as a tool to make a selection. I don't think they are going to include it. I also don't think they're going to include backwards compatability with PS2 games, or have 4 controller ports.
I just thought the scene should know about this if it didn't...
Post if you have comments... JAMMANET