The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
need help –
I installed a v4 no sod mod chip in my ps2 but I can not get the swap to work.
When I do the switch from the gs cd to the back up the disc tray does not close after 5 sec
Doe that mean that the mod chip is not working if the tray does not close.
For the boot method this is what I do
1. Insert gs cd 1
2. Power off ps2 for 5sec please let me know if I do that by holding the reset button until it turns red
3. turn ps2 on
4. start game and then without codes
6 eject gs cd and put ps2 backup in
7. after 5 sec tray will close. it does not close for me automatically
8. press X as soon as tray closes
I get the screen that says loading please wait
I have left at that screen for 20 minutes it is like it is frozen
I am using pny cd-r for the back up or I have memorex I have not used the memorex yet
if need any other info please let me know
Thank you for your help and sorry about the long post
Last edited by lost12; 11-10-2002 at 06:09 PM.
To eject, you need to hold down the eject button until the tray opens, then swap with your backup and the tray should close again.
If it doesn't open by holding eject, then the modchip is installed incorrectly or you have a bad ribbon cable.
I just tried that and it will eject and the nI put the copy in and it closed and I hit x but it just stays on the screen of please insert
game disc and press x
The light does not change from green to orange though
Yes you have to hold the reset button in, release it when you get to the "Insert disc press X" screen, let go of the reset button, the tray will eject itself, you will have like 2-3 precious seconds to swap out discs so be ready! the tray will close fast, hit X when the puppy closes and you should be okay. Arrrrr
Do u mean hold down the eject button not the reset button
because if you hold doen the reset then it turns the unit off
(1) Boot AR2/GS2
(2) At the main select Start Game without codes
(3) Once the AR2/GS2 is asking to change the game disc press and hold the EJECT button till the RESET button's light turns from green to orange.
(4) The cd tray opens put in the game you want to play
(5) Tray will close in 5 seconds. It will close very fast, gotta be quick on the draw here. Otherwise it's not the Good, but the Bad and the Ugly.
(6) Wait till the RESET LED changes from orange to green and press X now to start the game.
If I still used my no solder r-mod I would get the Swap Magic Disc's for the no solder mod. I like my Magic 2 though.
hi guys, im havin a similar problem. ive held the eject button for like TWO minutes and the reset light never changes color. what am i doing wrong?? i have a no-solder mod also
err...this may sound stupid...but are you sure you "backed-up" the disc properly? Unless you are using CloneCD and the recommended settings for it, it's easy to forget to set something right in other burning proggies and get a faulty copy. If it's not burned right, it may never boot at all. Have you tried your copy on another system that's chipped?
Just a thought...