The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Help! Magic V50k Isnt Working! (High Res Screenshots)
Help! Magic V50k Isnt Working! (High Res Screenshots) –
hey guys its me again, i got the back connections on ok, but it seems that my ps2 is being weird. it turns on and all but displays no video. i tried moving the back around a little but it still doesnt adjust. also i kept checking over these connections and i have no idea whats wrong. here are 2 screenshots, the first one is the front the second ones the back, its a bit blurry the back one
i soldered it in ok and everything you guys but the screen is just black. i dunno what to do, this thing is really pissin me off now
black screen is fixed. but uhh it just doesnt read the disk, it spins and spins and spins, but if i go into browser, it says disk read error. how uncommon on v9's.
well i redid it and now it doenst even read hte disk, it just says please insert a ps2 format disk. and i have no idea why it wont go. this magic chip is frustratin me so bad
first remove all your existing wires. test to see if the drive reads both cd and dvd again. if so, re-install the chip using the following rules, otherwise fix your drive first.
1. use thicker guage wire for the power and ground. keep power/gnd as short as possible.
2. if you're soldering the ground point directly to the board, be careful that nothing like the metal covering/etc pushes on the chip or else the solder will break. Sometimes it's better to have a short piece of thick copper wire to act as a semi-flexible connection even if it does make the ground a little less perfect.
3. keep all wires as short as possible, without having to route them over/under other chips. a large chip on the opposite side of the board from your wires will create electromagnetic fields which can effect what the modchip and/or PS2 sees on that wire. running your wires directly along side or occasionally wandering back and forth over eachother will also do this. space your wires out a little bit and don't cross unless you have to, and do so then at a 90 degree angle(straight across like + ).
4. keep wires flat to the board as much as possible, trim excess wire off before attaching the other end.
5. Make sure you do 1-4, these are very important.
take extra care with Y, R and A.
What a mess!!!
where did you get that chip? looks like a clone to me...