The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
greetz and questions....
greetz and questions.... –
Glad to meet yaz. I am new to the scene here. Please no bull-whippin for n00bie initiations...
I have SevEr questions I drug out of that dust-pit of a brain I have....
PLZ help me if ya can.... Forgive the post.., it may be kindaz long...
I just got off the scene of the xbox and have broken its cherry every which way past sunday. Customized menu,massive hdd,xbmpc,custom iso creator, custom ftp applications.., u name it... I also at one time kinda help designed an app for xbox... So ya may see where this post is going... I want to find out if it is possible to make my ps2 similar to xbox doings but without the mod-chip deal.... IF it is possible....(swap disks kill eject buttons..., I dont want to go that way either...)
I know my questions may sound stupid.., but humor me if ya can... :P
I got a ps2..latest us version from wally world and have "broken" it in...hehehe
I want to do the !real! "breaking it in" deal on it... But dont want to put any chips in it....
its got hddloader..(official) and a spakin new maxtor 120g in it....
1) Is it possible to boot off a memory card ? Or the Hdd ?
2) Are there any such things as a bootable memory card menu that will let you copy games to hdd, store the game saves there as well.., or make the hdd bootable?
3) Any ways to edit this menu on a hdd or a memory card?
4) What would be suggested as for the application to do the transferring and what kind of cabling would be needed?
5) Any which way to transfer files thru the ps2 network interface ?
6) Games that HDDloader wont copy..., what other options do I have ? (I own over 200+ games and also have over 400+ more at my disposal)
7) Any ways to stop HDDloader from disabling the network interface?
8) If no other way but to chip this deal..., best recommendations on the easiest/best mod chip... I can deal with the soldering types as well...
9) I once heard tell of a person locating where the main ps2 no-disc screen was location on a chip on the board and somehow replaced it with a custom screen...they swear it doesn't have a mod chip in the deal.... What I wanna know is does this sound feasable? Can this be done? And How?
10) I saw this item on Lik-sang.com.(A well known Hong Kong distributor of ps2 gadets and goodies)
Would something like this be feasable to upload,transfer,and edit anything on a memory card? Like ..,lets say.., a full blown menu screen from http://www.ps2world.it/ .. and actually make the ps2 more useful ?
Enuff questions for the day... (I got a headache from asking...lol)
Thanx a bunch on this and I am most thankful if ya can help on any of the questions....
1. Yes, there's a memory card exploit. You will need a swap disc, some type of swapping method, or a modchip. You can use ps2menu to run .elf files which are PS2 executable files.
2. Forget trying to apply Xbox to the PS2, it will only confuse you more. The two consoles are different. You can't make a bootable harddrive.
3. What menu? You mean hdloader looks? Yes you can skin it.
4. If you want fast transfer of image files to the harddrive, I suggest you buy a removable hd rack and use your computer to transfer files to the harddrive. There is an ftp program for the PS2 but it is very slow. 400-700kb/s. It will take you hours to transfer a game to the hd opposing to the minutes your ide cable can offer.
5. Yes, I answered above.
6. There are many games that hdloader doesn't even work with. Check the list out: http://ps2nfo.com/ps2hdd.html
7. Not sure what you mean by this question. hdloader doesn't even have ftp support within itself.
8. lol. Xbox is not like a PS2. PS2 is much harder to mod. But if you want easy installation and good features Matrix Infinity is the chip to get. The Duo 2 SE is cheaper and it doesn't have all the fancy features, but it does its job.
9. Not sure what you're asking.
10. Not sure.
Good questions, good luck.