The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
format hdd for linux AND hdloader
format hdd for linux AND hdloader –
can someone tell me what to use when i want to make linux partitions and a partition for ps2 (so hdloader can read it) plz
Yes, please tell me if you find out how.
lol =D found something called ps2fdisk or so ....
Originally Posted by barf
I dont know if this is helpful or not, but this guy said he can run both Linux and games from the same HDD with this tutorial:
How I loaded PS2Linux Well BlackRhino v1
SCPH-30001 [V4] - unmodded (2)
SCPH-30001-R [V5] DMS4 Pro SE
SCPH-50001-N [V9] CC 2.0 SLE
SCPH-79001 [V16] Silver - unmodded
found this: i don't have any responsibility when you screw yourself up...
format your hard drive with HDLoader.
when you want to partition your hdd for linux you need to get the program ps2linux on your linux (this is integrated into the initrd you need to use as ramdisk)
so when you use kloader1.8.elf the boot your linux and your ramdisk into your linux to partition your hdd you use that initrd.
made a hole instruction using a lot of mega men his intructions at you know where (to lazy to link, srr)
To install linux you need the following things:
* Playstation 2 (e.g. SCPH-50004 or SCPH-39004, slim PSTwo SCPH-70000 is not recommended).
* PS2 Linux Kernel with VFAT support (devfs)
* PS2 Linux Kernel without devfs
* Initial ramdisk
* Bootloader Kernelloader
* Linux distribution to install. Please download blackrhino_baseimage-1.0.tar.gz from http://blackrhino.xrhino.com
* USB memory stick
* Hard disc (recommended), all data will be deleted (you can also use a USB memory stick)
* Network adapter SCPH-10350 or SCPH-10281 for PS2 (recommended, required to connect the hard disc)
* USB keyboard
* TV screen and a video cable (you can use the normal PS2 video cable)
* PS2 memory card (recommended, but not required)
* A method to boot the files is required to start kloader.elf. Please choose one:
o Modchip (I don't have a modchip, but this method should work, you need to generate a system.cnf file to start kloader.elf)
o Action Replay: The ARmax media player can start kloader.elf
o Memory card exploit memory card exploit (not working with slim PSTwo))
all downloads can be downloaded at the bottom
# Create directory "ps2linux" on a USB memory stick and copy all files here (vmlinux, vmlinux.devfs, initrd.gz and blackrhino_baseimage-1.0.tar.gz).
# Start "kloader.elf" using your preferred booting method. At startup you will see the following screen. You can use the PS2 controller to navigate through the menu. The button CROSS selects a menu entry. It is also possible to use a USB keyboard and press UP and DOWN keys. You can select a menu entry by pressing RETURN.
#Select kernel vmlinux.devfs. This kernel supports VFAT used on most USB memory sticks.
#Select initial ramdisk (initrd). We need a small system to install Linux.
#Disable "dmarelay.irx" (recommended). This is only required if you use other kernels with DMA support. (These pictures are old and aren't 100% the same as the new loader. But all the names in the menus are the same).
#Boot Linux by going all the way back
#partition your hdd doing this:
1. At PS2 Type: ps2fdisk <enter>
2. At PS2 Type: o <enter> ( create new empty partition table )
3. At PS2 Type: n <enter> ( create new partition )
4. At PS2 Type: 1 <enter> ( create partition no.1 )
5. At PS2 Type: l <enter> ( create as linux partition )
6. At PS2 Type: 4096 <enter> ( create size 4Gb )
7. At PS2 Type: RhinoMain <enter> ( create comment (call it whatever you want) )
8. At PS2 Type: n <enter> ( create new partition )
9. At PS2 Type: 2 <enter> ( create partition no.2 )
10. At PS2 Type: s <enter> ( create as swap partition )
11. At PS2 Type: 128 <enter> ( create size 128mb )
12. At PS2 Type: RhinoSwap <enter> ( create comment (call it whatever you want) )
13. At PS2 Type: w <enter> ( write info & quit )
MORE WILL FOLLOW TONIGHT, need to test some things out first + make sure how that 'new ramdisk' i will use works ...
so, don't know what the path will be to format the hdd parts, etc. But will post later