Since many people are quiet about whether DVD9 PS2 game backups (on DVD+R DL media, not HK Pressed Silver Discs or Movies) work on their PS2 or not, I decided to make this thread
I'm sure quite a few people on the forums have purchased DVD+R DL media and burnt atleast 1 DVD9 PS2 game.
- Your PS2 Version
- Your Modchip
- Your DVD9 blank media (ie Verbatim, Ritdata, Traxdata, Datasafe)
- Your DVD Writer
- Whether you bitset the DVD9 blank media to "DVD-ROM"
- What DVD9 game you attempted to burn and play
- What burning software you used
- The result
- Possible solution to boot DVD9 games if any
I'll start off
- V5 - SCPH 30003R
- Messiah 1.0 (authentic non-fake from Jan 2002)
- RiDisc DVD+R DL (8.5GB)
- NEC 3500
- Bitsetting - DVD-ROM
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
- DVD Decrypter 22.214.171.124
- Playstation 2 logo shows and the game is detected properly but it crashes after the PS2 logo fades. With ARMAX Evo Edition, the codelist for the game shows after inserting the game disc but black screen nontheless
- Some say that you can boot DVD9 games on the Messiah 1.0 using the PSX bootup method ie "double reset" but this didn't work for me.
Come on people, lets get the ball rolling!