Hi all. Somewhat of a long post I know... but that's just how I do things =D . For those of those who can stomach my sense of humor and long text and take the time out to reply thanks.
1. Is it possible to compress Ps2 iso's?
1.)As a former psp user I would compress all my ISOs before placing them on my memory stick. The process was fast and I never experienced any problems from the games after. Are there some subtle technical differences in the ISO formats preventing the same process from working or what?
From what I've read so far the closest thing you could do is rebuild an ISO to remove dummy data BUT that only works if your going to burn it on a CD and it won't work for every game. Can anyone shed some light on this subject please.
2. My harddrive is the stock one that comes with FFXI. I've used it for FFXI so it may or may not have all the install data on it. How much space does the FFXI install use + any other additional files that might be lurking inside/ What's the best way to reformat/Would I need to reinstall anything after a reformat (I still have all the disc that came with it).
2.) Once I found out I could hack my ps2 and place games on the HD I went straight to doing that and never took the time to reformat it or get rid of the FFXI stuff. One night I was fooling around with ulanchelf and supposedly removed 3 FFXI folders like the minigame tetra whatever, and two main folders but it didn't seem like it freed up any space. Now that I'm so tight on space if the FFXI stuff or other junk is still on there secretly and taking up valuable space a reformat might be warranted.
3. I used Free McBoot 1.8b Noobie Package SKS Apps - Exploit Systems - Wii Ps3 Ps2 Apps - Homebrew Game Downloads when I hacked my ps2 and to this day I only know how to use hdloader and ulaunchelf! Do there happen to be any programs to trick out the PS2 that I should know about or surpass the ones that come in that package?
4. When I transfer over ISO's I use LAN and hdl dumb 0.8.3. . I get an average transfer rate of 1.4 . Any other recommendations as far as lan options go?
5. Anyone know what happened to the site called exploitstation.com? They were a great site and without the help of the nice people from the forum I would have never been able to make a boot disc from scratch and mutilate my ps2 so I could hack it. I wish I could have said goodbye :( .
6. Rate my game list. 1. Tekken 5, Burnout 4, Street fighter Anniversary collection, Soul Calibur 3, Marvel Vs Capcom2.
6.) As you can see I tried to collect the best/ most popular 2-player games I could find. The main purpose of me hacking my system was so I could take it over to people's houses (always super impresses non hackers lol) to game with or so when people/kids come over there's always something to play. Pretty sure I've got all the classics but if you know of any gems please let me know and I'll give them a try!
6.b)Games I've tried so far:
DBZ Budokai Tenkachi 3 - I love this game in 1-player, feels just like the show, but in two player its kind of meh. My nephew really likes it but I have it on my wii also so it is somewhat redundant. Recently got the boot to make space.
Burnout 3: I once played this over someone's house while we were getting high and I remember thinking how much I liked it back then but then I totally forgot about the next day. Then a few weeks ago a girl I'm trying to get with told me how she was into racing games with boost and it made me remember this game!(true story). So that same day I looked around for what I thought was the newest/best burnout and got it. I was really blown away at how fun the game was, especially since I've never been into racing games. This got the boot so I could try number 4. I'm hoping number 5 will be even better but reviews are pointing to no. I still haven't shown the girl burnout and leaning on going back too 3 due to it being so newb friendly. Only backdraw to this is I'm in the process of making her a new mixtape and I'm using a few of the songs from the Burnout 3 soundtrack and I won't seem nearly as cool if I give her a cd of music I obviously found on a game :crazy: .
Gran Turismo 4: Got this mostly for a friend who told me he liked racing games. I was impressed by immense amount of cars and the graphics but truthfully I've never been much for racing. This got the boot when I remembered about the burnout series and decided to give one a try.
Metal Slug Anthology - METAL SLUGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! I love this game to death. Got the boot cause of space restraints. If I can find the space it may make it back into the roster though.
Mortal Kombat :Armageddon - My brother liked this fighting game (probably because he stood the highest probability of actually winning) but I thought it was so-so. Tons of characters each with signature moves, fun little driving minigame, but the combat just didn't seem as fluid as what I was use too so I tossed it.
Naruto Shippuden 5: Liked it but I figured no one is really gonna play it besides me. Also wasn't proportioned correctly due to me converting it from pal.
Virtua Fighter 4: EVO - I was really psyched to get this game after reviewing reviews but I was let down. Felt like a mix of Soul Calibur and Tekken but not nearly as good as either one. Might have liked it more if I had someone to play and train with but that's not the case so it got tossed.
Games I want:
Dynasty Warriors 6 - Super hyped to play this but not nearly as hyped as I was to play Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 (DL'ed it put it on HD then found out it doesn't work at all for hdloader /wrist). My experience with Dynasty warriors has been mixed; Played one constantly on my computer using a gba emu and then bought one years later for my psp and played it once :P. Hopefully this will get more love but that's only IF I can find a good working copy. I've already Dl'ed and installed two different copies and both failed to work.
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven - Always wanted a cool ninja game and after reading reviews I'm set on getting this one. Sadly the first ISO I tried didn't work!!! Got a new one that I'll try after posting this that will hopefully work.
Well this is the end for now folks. Hope I made the long read entertaining. Thanks again for taking the time to read and I appreciate any and all feedback yall want to give. Love and peace!