Best test method to test your media - post your results !!
1) Choose a movie which is larger than 4.38 GB
2) Decrease the size for DVD-5 to make it just under 4489 MB, preferable for testing 4400-4489 MB. Or rip a movie with DVDDecrypter with ISO Read.
3) Burn it on your media with the indicated size, preferable the NEC-3520 burner and with the program DVDDecryptor. DVD ISO Write.
4) Choose the option verify after burning
5) Write down the end speed of the verify. Look at the speed when it goes from 99% -> 100%.
My absolute best experience is with Fujifilm with mediacode YUDEN000T02 , end verify read speed was 15.8x speed !!!
The reason I think the end read speed is important, because bad media slows down the internal data correction within the DVD writer, and thus causing a slower endspeed.
Links to download the software:
Please post me the following info:
1) Brand + mediacode
2) Size movie
3) Endspeed, for example 15x speed.
4) Brand of DVD writer