Another pointless newbie thread
I'm a member of a half-dozen forums, and I always enjoy helping out complete newbies. I hope you guys are the same way.
I'm basically a complete newbie when it comes to modding, but I'm not a technical dolt. I do know how to flash things, I'm just overloaded with information.
What I'd like to do is turn a PS2 into a media center wherein I can stream my movies/music/recorded TV to somewhere the PS2 can be attached on the network. I'm aware I'd need a separate network adapter for the fat one. I've done a small amount of research, but most things are so horribly outdated it just isn't worth the pain. I'd like to do this on the cheap, but if that is not doable, I'll understand. If you can help me even just get homebrew on the fat one, I'll be pleased as punch.
Here's what I have:
* Unmodded PS2 Slim (SPCH-770001) This one is my baby, I don't really want to destroy it, but if it has to be it has to be
* Unmodded PS2 Fat (SPCH-30001) This beast I picked up today for $15 and I'd hope is easier to mod. No network adapter
* Several blank PS2 memory cards
* Original Dex Drive (No software for it, but I do have a serial port)
* Network setup disc for PS2 Slim
* Codebreaker by Pelican (unsure of what version, though, as it doesn't say anywhere on screen)
* USB jump drive, 512MB (have larger drives)
* internet connection
* burnable CDs, DVDs and burner
Is there anything I can do with what I already have? Is there something in the cheap I can buy to make this happen? Is it a lost cause? Any help (as well as some snark for being a newbie) is appreciated. :)