The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PSX-Scene Monthly Contest
PSX-Scene Monthly Contest –
EDIT: For the May contest there will be three categories: Dev Tools (self describable), Homebrew and Other (new guides, tutorials, game mods). The prizes will be $50 to the winners of each category. Any prizes not claimed will be divided up among this month's winners..
Stay tuned for interviews with the contest winners.
EDIT: PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF 9/1/11 THE PSX-Scene MONTHLY CONTEST RULES HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO REWARD SUBMISSIONS BASED ON QUALITY vs. QUANTITY. PLEASE REVIEW THE RULES BEFORE MAKING YOUR SUBMISSION.
The rules are simple.
1. The contest will run once each month and you can submit as many projects as frequently as you wish
2. In order to qualify for entry the release must be new, reside in the PSX-Scene forums and can not be copied or originate from any other sites
3. Entries should be submitted as an article including an image and description of your release. Submit your entries to the member news submission forum so the moderators can review and promote to the front page of PSX-Scene.
4. Only releases that are promoted to the front page of PSX-Scene as news count and there must be a minimum of 5 different people entered in a given month. If less than 5 people are entered those entries will be put into the next monthly contest.
5. Moderators NOT admins decide what gets promoted to the front page.
How do you win?
1. There will be 3 winners in the May contest. The project with the most 'likes' in each category will win $50. You will need to submit an invoice via PayPal in order to receive the donation. The PSX-Scene moderators will review all submitted entries and promote the best of the best to the front page. Once the article is promoted to the front page simply click the 'like' link to vote for your favorites.
2. The contest runs from the 1st day through the last day of the month. Winners will be announced during the first week of the following month.
3. Once the winners are announced you will be PM'd a short list of interview questions about your release which will be included in the follow up interview. You can also include any other information you want to have featured in the follow up article.
What is the prize?
1. Your releases are published to the front page of PSX-Scene!
2. During the 1st week of each month PSX-Scene will post a review of the work that the winning developers did for the PSX-Scene community. The review will include links to your releases within the PSX-Scene forums and any other information you wish (a bio, projects you are working on, links to your own web site - whatever you want - the choice is yours.) We will also PM you a short list of questions so we can include a Q&A in the follow up interview.
3. $50 donation for the winner of each category. If there are no submissions in one of the categories then the donations will be split between the winners of the categories that did have submissions The donation will be made via PayPal once the contest winner is announced and you will need to submit an invoice in order to receive the donation. Even if you don't do this for the money you can always donate to another dev after receiving your prize, split it between several developers or give it to your favorite charity, or just buy some cool shit for yourself. It's your prize money you can do with it whatever you wish.
Any questions please PM me directly in the forums (DSAPSX)
Admins, or paid staff are NOT eligible for this contest. Winners may continue to compete in future contests including this one each month if they so choose.
Important! The developer always owns their own work. In order for the submission to count towards the contest it must be announced exclusively on PSX-Scene with the files posted in the PSX-Scene forums. When you see your submission on the home page (within 24 hours after you submit) you will know it counts towards the monthly contest. Please check our NEWLY UPDATED TOS which protects developer ownership and intellectual property for ALL projects submitted!
Last edited by STLcardsWS; 03-17-2013 at 10:23 AM.
August Developer Contest Winner
The Winner of the September PSX-Scene Contest Is.....
The Winner of the October PSX-Scene Contest Is.....
The Winner of the October PSX-Scene Contest Is..... –
It was another tight race that came right down to the end again. Once again it was a battle between last month's winner facanferff and ThatOtherPerson. This time ThatOtherPerson took the prize. Listed below is the updated leader board with the final standings for the October PSX-Scene monthly contest. Thanks to everyone who participated and also those who voted.
Showtime Plugin: Muzu.TV v0.7 - = - by facanferff 11 Likes
Showtime Plugin: Youtube v1.0.1 - = - by facanferff 23 Likes
Source Code and Everything Needed For Compiling - = - by ThatOtherPerson 12 Likes
They Do Not Die 2 v0.6 - = - by ThatOtherPerson 32 Likes
Swingball 2 v0.1 - = - by ThatOtherPerson 9 Likes
Swingball 2 v0.2 - = - by ThatOtherPerson 11 Likes
Maze Generator v1.2 - = - by ThatOtherPerson 6 Likes
Be sure to check back later today as we'll be posting info on the November PSX-Scene contest. The rules are going to get switched up a little so make sure you check back.
Thanks again and congratulations to ThatOtherPerson for the great submissions!!!
The Winner of the PSX-Scene November Contest Is...
The Winner of the PSX-Scene November Contest Is... –
The November PSX-Scene contest is over and all of the votes are in. We had some awesome entries this month and the votes started getting closer for the 2 $50 runner up prizes. As always it was great to see all of the submissions and the scene appreciates your efforts and all of the work you put in. With that being said let's see who won the top 3 prizes. In case you haven't been paying attention first prize is a $150 donation. There are 2 runner up prizes of $50 each to the next two projects with the highest number of likes. Here are the final results!!!
Thanks again to everyone who has submitted and to all of you who voted for your favorites.
Congratulations to CrashSerious, Jay-Jay and ThatOtherPerson!!!
This month's entries: 11/01 to 11/30
ONE - Release v0.11.11.11 - = - by CrashSerious 62 Likes
EXT GAME DATA LOADER - = - by Jay-Jay 27 Likes
Swingball 2 v0.3 - = - by ThatOtherPerson 17 Likes
Beta Release 1 - Showtime Plugin: Navi-x - = - by facanferff 13 Likes
Release - Showtime Plugin: Youtube v1.2 - = - by facanferff 6 Likes
Release - Showtime Plugin: Channel 9 v.1.3 - = - by facanferff 4 Likes
Ps3Wizard 1.5 Released (Final Update) - = - by PsDev 5 Likes
Gambol v0.1 - = - by ThatOtherPerson 9 Likes
Stay tuned as we will be following up with the winners to get their thoughts on their submissions, their competition, the contest experience and to see what might be coming in the future from them. We will also be announcing the December contest.
The Winner of the PSX-Scene December Contest Is....
PSX-Scene January Contest Final Results
PSX-Scene February Contest Final Results
March PSX-Scene Contest Winners
The April PSX-Scene Contest Winners Are...