Contest Format / Prizes
We have the following platforms
- Tools / Hacks ($50)
- Homebrew ($50)
- Game Mods ($25)
- Themes & Tuts ($25)
In the event of single entries in any categories:
All non winners will go into a "Wild Card" with the single entries.
There will be a $25 Wild Card (Game Mods / Themes & TuTs)
There will be a $50 Wild Card. (Tools / Homebrew)
If the Single category Entry does not win the Wild Card, they will then be allowed to re-enter the contest the following month in their respective category.
Any remaining funds from the $150 total donation pool will then be split among evenly to all winners.
There will not be a default winner in the wild card. In the event there is only one entry in the Wild Card. The entry will simple have to be re-entered the following month.
General Rules / Info
The rules are simple:
1. The contest will run once each month and you can submit as many projects as frequently as you wish
2. In order to qualify for entry the release must be new, reside in the PSX-Scene forums and can not be copied or originate from any other sites
3. Entries should be submitted as an article including an image and description of your release. Submit your entries to the Contest Submission forum so the moderators can review and promote to the front page of PSX-Scene.
4. Only releases that are promoted to the front page of PSX-Scene as news count and there must be a minimum of 5 different people entered in a given month. If less than 5 people are entered those entries will be put into the next monthly contest.
5. Moderators NOT admins decide what gets promoted to the front page.
6. Developers are not allowed to vote on their own releases. be it with their own account or a newly created account.
7. Members who have not been active for 60+ Days votes will not be counted.
1. Your releases will be featured on the front page of PSX-Scene!
2. During the 1st week of each month PSX-Scene will post a review of the work that the winning developers did for the PSX-Scene community. The review will include links to your releases within the PSX-Scene forums and any other information you wish (a bio, projects you are working on, links to your own web site - whatever you want - the choice is yours.) We will also PM you a short list of questions so we can include a Q&A in the follow up interview.
3. The donation will be made via PayPal once the contest winner is announced and you will need to submit an invoice in order to receive the donation. Even if you don't do this for the money you can always donate to another dev after receiving your prize, split it between several developers or give it to your favorite charity, or just buy some cool shit for yourself. It's your prize money you can do with it whatever you wish.
4. The contest runs from the 1st day through the last day of the month. Winners will be announced during the first week of the following month.
5. 3 days prior to the end of each month entries will cease, any entries entered during this window will be entered into the following month's Contest.
6. Once the winners are announced you will be PM'd a short list of interview questions about your release which will be included in the follow up interview. You can also include any other information you want to have featured in the follow up article.
Any questions please PM me directly in the forums (DSAPSX)
Admins, or paid staff are NOT eligible for this contest. Winners may continue to compete in future contests including this one each month if they so choose.
Important! The developer always owns their own work. In order for the submission to count towards the contest it must be announced exclusively on PSX-Scene with the files posted in the PSX-Scene forums. When you see your submission on the home page (within 24 hours after you submit) you will know it counts towards the monthly contest. Please check our NEWLY UPDATED TOS
which protects developer ownership and intellectual property for ALL projects submitted!