Originally Posted by dlanor
Yea, it just stares at the scree...It also gives some read/write error when I try to Copy a game in PS3 to the Internal HDD..
There's a separate file manager in multiman? How do I locate this screen?
Also, with multiman's patched mode, can with get a list of games that this is necessary for? Would there be any harm to always have it in patched mode?
Also, to the developer, when compatibility is increased on open manager, which this is based off of. Do you implement that update, to multiman?
multiMAN is based on the 1st released OM back on 23 September 2010. It has nothing to do with the other 'flavours' or open managers you see around. I'm not following their development and I also don't understand the request for 'improved' compatibility.
About the 'patched mode' - I suggest that you don't use it when you don't need it.
First post updated with new version of ps3serv (nethost application):
* Max send buffer size now 10MB (512kb previously)
* Fixed missing empty folders when browsing remote contents
* Added support for next multiMAN version, which got support for:
- Create remote folders
- Delete remote files
I know I'm sounding a lot like a MultiMAN fanboy lately (hey, if the shoe fits.. right? :lol:) but I honestly don't see any glaring faults with it. It's playing games I had issues with other managers on and as far as Patched Mode is going? It's fixed at least four of my games that were non-functional before using MM. Compatibility is great, performance is great, visuals are great.
A couple of small(ish) requests though;
1. Is there any chance you could implement the MOVE command for MM's file explorer and FTP server, please? It works fine in apps like Comgenie's Manager v6 and definitely comes in handy. Blackb0x allows MOVE of folders on the same drive (ie; I can MOVE a folder from one place on my USB drive to another, but not from USB to Internal. Only copy)
2. Is it possible to get a database of sorts? Something that would eliminate the need to scan your folders on every boot or theme change or mode activation. It's only a second or two, but still breaks the flow. We could have a way of forcing a HDD scan for new games/movies as and when we need it.
3. Something I'm sure people have been waiting for is a method to change .INI/settings in-app, rather than having to FTP, modify the settings, transfer back, then relaunch the app.
4. Something minor and cosmetic, but perhaps a theme menu/browser? That way we wouldn't need to reinstall the whole app when we want to change a theme.
Thanks Dean and keep up the awesome work! I'm thoroughly enjoying this manager =)
1) Check the first page or the 'navigation.txt' included in the package or just hover the mouse to the [HELP] menu in the filemanager. You'll see that if you press [SELECT]+[O] you can move files and folders. About FTP move - no, I can't do anything about it.
Originally Posted by sabin1981
2) I'm not sure how to implement it. But I think I can speed up the scan time dramatically (when scanning only one level of folders and not more as it does now). Let me test it now :) - good idea.
3) The easiest way at the moment is to edit your ini on the PC and save it on a usb stick. With the usb stick inserted in your PS3 - launch multiMAN and it will use it (and will copy it to its folder).
4) I'm thinking of theme browser/changer.
Quick one for you mate, what options do i have to change to just have the covers showing (slide mode)......
Cheers keep up the good work
1. Ok. I'm a dumb-ass :D Thanks, I didn't know explorer MOVE was already implemented. That will save some time =) Shame about FTP MOVE as it's quite (well, partially...) functional in blackb0x on the same HDD.
2. Great stuff! It's only a minor inconvenience, but it's still nice to have options =)
3. Ok, thanks.
4. WEWT! ^_^
Try this one, bud;
Originally Posted by htfc06
Originally Posted by sabin1981
Cheers tried a couple of times via FTPbut no joy.....
Its worked fine by putting on usb.
Do what I did; create a copy of the options.ini and name it options_default.ini. If that still doesn't work, remove the INI from your USB - which should force MM to only see the one in its USRDIR.
#sabin: Okay :) So I changed the scan routine... Now it even displays the ICONS of the games during the scan, which takes lot LESS time now.
Also - to improve scan speed you can disable AVCHD scanning if you don't use it. :)
Aye, I never use AVCHD so I disabled that from the start. THANK YOU for working on the standard scan stuff, that's amazing and I can't wait to try it! :beer: